3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Throttle response DST

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 10:32 PM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Throttle response DST

What are you guys running for throttle response (Diablosport Trinity) numbers on your hemi's?
I have a 2005

Also anyone know how much for a professional tune and how would i get one??

Old 03-08-2011, 01:25 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

On my trinity I have my throttle response +10%.

As for who and how much, my tuning is done my who is now Watts Performance Engineering and Doltin works there. It used to be Marty and KRC Performance but he sold out to them.

Anyway, mine was $250 for lifetime tunes. I also had to fork out another $150 for an Innovate wideband.

Dont but the 2.5mm stereo cord from Diablo to tie the wideband into it with. Go get one off ebay (6ft) or so and cut one end off and use that. Save a lot of coin that way.

Check out this link also for maybe some local CMR tuners to you

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...display&pid=32

However, if you can find one local, try to get dyno tuned. It costs a about the same in the long run but you get a custom tune, get to get on the dyno and do not have to buy a wideband.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:34 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had mine set to +10 and it worked out great. Now though I have a custom tune through Hemifever and he adjusts the throttle responce beyond that of what you can do through the tuner. His tunes were $250 for life time tunes, took a few logs before he could dial in the cam but it works great and runs smooth. AF ratio is right on too. The thing with Dyno tunes is the guy you take it to has to know how to tune your truck. The local ones could do the tune but it would have been the first ram they had done so I passed, that and they wanted $350-$500 to tune it. The email tunes work out fine as long as you log the right PIDs the tuner needs to write you the tune.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:57 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

truckin151 - im curious on how far he went with bumping the throttle response. Ive never tried to go further. How far can it go?

Old 03-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Marx
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks guys i'm gonna fiddle with it this weekend

Quick Reply: Throttle response DST