3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

I hate drunk drivers

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Brandonc24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate drunk drivers

I've always wanted a Ram and less than a month ago I got a 06 1500 Hemi 5.7. I was so excited and have been treating this thing like my baby doing all the work on it myself which is something I've never done before. Today at 7am while stopped at red light a drunk driver plows into the drivers side pushing me up over the curb and onto the side walk. The front door is damaged, the front wheel is bent inward to the right even when I turn the wheel all the way to the left and the right rim is broken from hitting the curb. I have been so bummed and depressed all day because I have worked so hard to get this truck and like I said it's been my dream truck since I was in high school and rams changed their bodies mid 90's. Just thought you guys would sympathize with me and I can't wait to get it back.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Blacksport
Captain

That sucks dude...hopefully he'll get his! Hopefully drunk boy will have insurance and when they fix it, go over it with a fine tooth comb to make sure they fix everything right. Good luck!

Old 03-11-2011, 05:45 PM
Matt99
Champion

that sucks man. hopefully it will be fixed right. Ive had one fixed right and one fixed wrong.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:49 PM
ltmfb

glad you're alright...and hope things work out for you and the new truck!!!!

Old 03-12-2011, 03:58 AM
abarmby
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's sickening!

I'm of the belief that in these well informed days, anyone who crashes into someone like this due to drink driving, should be charged with attempted murder/murder!
After all, it's premeditated and you do have the choice of not to do it!

There is NO excuse in my book!

But I guess being a pramedic and seeing how people and whole families are affected by these a** h*l*s, taints my opinion a tad.

Sorry about your truck bud, she protected you well.

Al

Old 03-12-2011, 04:04 AM
Ethan_05_24
Veteran

Dude, that SUCKS! I understand how your truck is your baby. That dude will get his in his own time, it always comes back, hopefully he gots the insurance to get it fixed. And definitely do what these guys say, mske sure it's fixed RIGHT.

Old 03-12-2011, 06:38 AM
NHHEMI
Professional

Originally Posted by abarmby
That's sickening!

I'm of the belief that in these well informed days, anyone who crashes into someone like this due to drink driving, should be charged with attempted murder/murder!
After all, it's premeditated and you do have the choice of not to do it!

There is NO excuse in my book!

But I guess being a pramedic and seeing how people and whole families are affected by these a** h*l*s, taints my opinion a tad.

Sorry about your truck bud, she protected you well.

Al
I don't know as I would go so far as to say mandatory murder charges be filed but I will say anyone caught driving under the influence( alcohol or drugs )should lose their license permanently in 95%+ of the situations. No 2nd chance unless it can be shown it was due to something you were unaware of or some kind of medical issue like a reaction to something. You drink or take drugs and then drive and get caught = you get to ride your bike for life.

Old 03-12-2011, 08:19 AM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

That sucks. but more importantly you are ok. There have been a few deaths in Denver in the past few months from Drunk Drivers driving the wrong way down the interstate. One of them was a drunk Semi Driver. So I hate drunk drivers also!!

Jason Ross, a semi truck driver from St. Louis who is suspected of driving drunk while driving the wrong way on Interstate 70 east of Denver for miles, then striking a vehicle, killing 71-year-old Martin Hernandez, is pictured here in a booking photo. ( | Colorado State Patrol)

A 71-year-old man from Lamar has died after being hit Sunday night by a wrong-way semi on Interstate 70 east of Denver.
Martin Hernandez was airlifted to Swedish Medical Center in Denver where he later died, Sgt. John Hahn of the Colorado State Patrol said today.
Hahn said a passenger in the vehicle, Hernandez's 77-year-old wife Maria "Angie" Hernandez, was also taken to Swedish with serious injuries.
Angie Hernandez is improving and late Monday morning was listed in good condition, according to hospital spokeswoman Karen Prestia.
A 9-year-old passenger from Evergreen, who was asleep in the back seat of the car, was taken to a hospital in Hugo. She was treated and released.
The semi driver, Jason
The vehicle involved in the crash. (Photo via 9News)

Ross, 33, of St. Louis, was airlifted to Penrose Hospital in Colorado Springs. He was treated for minor injuries and then booked into the Elbert County Jail, Hahn said. Ross faces charges of vehicular homicide, vehicular assault, driving under the influence, reckless driving, careless driving causing injury, driving on the wrong side of a divided highway and driving with no headlamps.
He is being held on a $100,000 bond.
Investigators aren't sure where Ross entered the highway, but said they believe he drove at least 9 miles west in the eastbound lanes of I-70. He also reportedly had turned off the headlights in his Freightliner semi. The accident occurred at 8:07 p.m. Sunday.
Motorists alerted officials to the wrong-way driver and a Limon police officer tried to pull the truck over about a mile west of Limon. Ross allegedly refused to pull over.
The truck continued west toward Denver in the eastbound lanes until it hit the car — a 1993 Buick Park Avenue - near the town of Agate, just south of the Arapahoe County line. The crash occurred approximately 11 miles west of Limon, according to Hahn.
Hahn said the freightliner was operated by USA Truck. A call to the company's spokesman
The semi trailer involved in the crash. (Photo via 9News)

was not immediately returned. Norma Richards, a longtime neighbor of Martin Hernandez, said Hernandez worked at Lamar High School for between 30 and 40 years as the school janitor. He retired about three years ago, she said.
She said that Hernandez and his wife were devout Jehovah Witnesses who attended the worship services at the local Kingdom Hall at least three times a week.
"They were nice people and nice neighbors," Richards said.

Read more: Driver dies after being hit by wrong-way semi on I-70 - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16...#ixzz1GOJ8s1do
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Old 03-12-2011, 11:14 AM
dodge1hemi00
Veteran

Sorry to hear that man

Old 03-12-2011, 01:07 PM
nussdawg395
Veteran

Man that really sucks..glad your ok and hope everything works out and you get your truck back in perfect condition.

Quick Reply: I hate drunk drivers