3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

stacks on a hemi.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Geezir
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stacks belong on a diesel and a diesel only. and even at that they are played out.

guys around here who run stacks on a gasser get laughed at relentlessly

Old 03-21-2011, 12:07 AM
97Rampowerhouse
Captain

Hell you may as well put flappers on her too she'll be hot! Thats what I call HILLBILLY DELUXE right there.

Old 03-21-2011, 01:21 AM
chefred112
All Star

Originally Posted by HemiRam1566
im only 19 if age matters? and the truck isnt slow... hemimoparguy, thats what i mean and now Mr norms is making a lil red xpress package with stacks, thats what initially gave me the idea..
"and the truck isnt slow"...it's all relative, you say it isn't slow and I think it is... when looking up more info on the truck they hardly did anything performancewise to it..

"To start the transformation from a stock Dodge Ram 1500 into a Mr. Norm’s Red Xpress Truck requires $2,799. For that kind of scratch, you get the Red Xpress Truck graphics, custom Katzkin leather seat covers and embroidered carpet mats, a windshield banner, red powder coated custom disc brake caliper covers, dash and core support serial number badges and listing in The Original Mr. Norm's Grand Spaulding Dodge Registry.

The RXT we drove included goodies like a Mopar Ram R/T dual inlet hood, Dodge Viper-spec Scorpion Zero P305/40 R22 tires sitting on custom wheels that are unique to the Xpress, an Eibach spring kit that meets Mopar specs and lowers the Ram by two inches up front and by three in the back, a new rear differential cover that has a larger oil capacity and the all-important cat back exhaust kit with dual chrome pipes that punched through the cargo box directly behind the B-pillar."

catback exhaust...thats all they did?!!!

Old 03-21-2011, 08:38 AM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Because to make it look worth a damn, you'd need decent size piping and with a shorter distance and bigger pipe, the exhaust pulse timing and scavanging would be fu*ked...

And I think the modern Lil Red Express looks like chit, you need the step side bed and woodgrain to pull off the stacks:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I really liked the new version, that's why I mentioned the Dakota bed in an earlier post, and I'd never put them on my truck even if it were diesel...although I was thinking about putting stacks on when I build my mudder, to keep them up outta the water.

Anyway, so if I understand correctly, it is just the design of this particular motor that needs more back pressure? And with that said, as ridiculous as it may sound, hypothetically, if you were to run exhaust all the way back to the rear bumper almost, and then loop back around up to the back of the cab and up the stacks, then it should be better and able to use the huge stacks?? Again, nothing I'd do, just helping OP come up with ways it may work if he so desires

Old 03-21-2011, 11:29 AM
dodge1hemi00
Veteran

Don't do it

Old 03-21-2011, 02:43 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

All Im going to say is they would not be on my truck

Old 03-21-2011, 05:12 PM
Geezir
Veteran

Originally Posted by HemiMoparGuy1981
Anyway, so if I understand correctly, it is just the design of this particular motor that needs more back pressure? And with that said, as ridiculous as it may sound, hypothetically, if you were to run exhaust all the way back to the rear bumper almost, and then loop back around up to the back of the cab and up the stacks, then it should be better and able to use the huge stacks?? Again, nothing I'd do, just helping OP come up with ways it may work if he so desires
Any N/A motor requires some level of back pressure.

Old 03-22-2011, 10:30 PM
freestyledude
Captain

Best for performance would be to run pipe most of the way up the stack, and cut it off just out of sight.
An idea that may save you with stacks on a gasser... FLAMETHROWERS

Old 03-23-2011, 02:04 AM
BigTXRam
Professional

Originally Posted by Bent
then you can get some stenciling on the tailgate that says "when I grow up, I want to be a Kenworth".
Awesome!!!

Otherwise, I'd say its your truck, your paying for it, do what makes YOU happy. If you like like it and you want it then who cares your the one that has to live with it. Its still a lot less played out then ...cough..rockstars...

Old 03-23-2011, 07:12 PM
HemiRam1566
Veteran

lmao speaking of rockstars...i want them ha.. and yea if i do put them on it will be in the summer and thanks for the HELPFULL replies

Quick Reply: stacks on a hemi.