3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Possible Fix to 2wd Level Rough Ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 04:14 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That all makes pretty good sense to me. Here's another question then: If the issue with lifting the front suspension by way of spacers or longer coils causes the upper control arm to hit (what I'm only assuming is) the lower part of the coil "bucket", would the replacement control arms sold on airbagit fix this issue? Because of certain unexpected changes in my life, I have to spend whatever money I can on my truck in the next month or two, and won't be able to make any changes down the road. I really want this done right the first time. LoL

Old 04-14-2011, 06:23 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

In addition to my previous query (UCA replacement), I was wondering if someone had any insight regarding whether or not simply using a spacer is worth the cost savings compared to replacing the actual coil? The spacer w/shocks is nearly $200 shipped, not too bad of a deal IMO. The springs alone are around $180 shipped from suspensionmax, and I would still have to purchase the shocks separately. I'm now stuck between purchasing 2" lift springs or the 2" lift spacer. Any input fellas?

Last edited by Brandon Anderson; 04-14-2011 at 09:15 AM. Reason: grammar/syntax
Old 04-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Razorhawg
Veteran

http://www.readylift.com/c-231-dodge...-only-225.aspx

http://www.readylift.com/files/instr...structions.pdf

even if youre wanting to install them yourself find a local shop and buy them they will be cheaper than ordering online i found a shop that will install and all for under $400

Old 04-14-2011, 09:13 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

Originally Posted by Razorhawg
http://www.readylift.com/c-231-dodge...-only-225.aspx

http://www.readylift.com/files/instr...structions.pdf

even if youre wanting to install them yourself find a local shop and buy them they will be cheaper than ordering online i found a shop that will install and all for under $400
I'm sorry, but $400 is just bat **** crazy for spacers, installed or not. The $200 I was quoting for the spacer comes WITH new front shocks, and since the shocks have to be removed to install the spacer anyway, there's zero extra install time. My main comparison is whether or not the price-to-performance ratio of the $180 springs is worth it compared to the $90 spacers. Since I will still have to purchase new shocks with the springs anyway, the springs would have to be considerably better performance-wise to beat the spacers+shocks price-wise.

For the sake of the comparison, let's say the springs+shocks would cost $300 compared to the spacers+shocks being $200. Is there anyone here who would say that paying the extra hundred dollars for lengthened springs is worth it, and if so, why are the springs better than using spacers?

Old 04-14-2011, 09:21 AM
Razorhawg
Veteran

Originally Posted by Brandon Anderson
would the replacement control arms sold on airbagit fix this issue? Because of certain unexpected changes in my life, I have to spend whatever money I can on my truck in the next month or two, and won't be able to make any changes down the road. I really want this done right the first time. LoL
i dont think you get my drift buy these and dont worry about the uca spring bucket contact spending your $200 on spacers and shocks or $180 on springs plus the money for shocks plus $400 for the uca replacements is bat **** crazy

Old 04-14-2011, 10:03 AM
Matt99
Champion

Yea the spacers are still the best way to go money wise. Like I said earlier, I am testing the shock issue today. I took my spacers out today and changed em out to some 2in ones

I wouldnt pay $400 for the ready lift. I am anxious to see how it is but I cant see that much of a difference and they would sell you the bumpstop. And IF new shocks are needed, you can buy $12 shock extenders from oriellys and call it a day

Old 04-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Matt99
Champion

i actually have a set of 2in spacers that im going to sell

Old 04-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

So with your new shocks, how bad would you say your 2" spaces are, as far as the UCA contact?

Old 04-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Matt99
Champion

Umm it's only hit once so far compared to many times each day before. I have this crazy rattle that came back though, about one week before my new lift. I figured when I did my lift it'd go away but nothing yet

Old 04-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

That's a statistic I think I can live with.

What kind of rattle?

Quick Reply: Possible Fix to 2wd Level Rough Ride