3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

My last day of warranty...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 07:14 PM
addrenjunky
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice truck hammer!

Old 05-05-2011, 07:51 PM
Matt99
Champion

looks good hammer. Alot better luck than I have had!

Old 05-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran

Very nice truck Hammer!

Old 05-05-2011, 09:51 PM
truegent81
Captain

Where did you come across the brush guard and hood? Your truck looks great by the way. Awesome mileage for 7 yrs old too

Old 05-06-2011, 06:55 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks guys.

It's actually a stick on scoop, which really was only purchased because a pine limb fell on the hood while the truck was parked in the woods and I was in a deer stand on a very blustery day about two or three falls ago. I popped 90% of the dent out by hand and then the end of the dent went the other way (outwards) on me and the paint cracked, so the scoop was the cheapest, easiest fix. (about $160 painted, delivered). So I just sealed the cracked paint and stuck on the scoop.

Since original install, I've removed it, cut the front out and did the "gutta' mesh" thing to it. Plans are to remove the hood and cut a hole under the scoop and re-route my CAI under it. Basically to make room for a 2nd battery where my CAI sits now.
Only holdup right now is I'm awaiting surgery, after I get that out of the way, I should be able to remove/re-install the hood.

Brush guard is a Warn Trans4mer, stainless...

Old 05-06-2011, 11:51 AM
truegent81
Captain

yeah i saw the Lund 3m adhesive scoop...i would like to find one already painted to match. this one came flat black for $90 on ebay

Old 05-06-2011, 02:52 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by olyelr
Gotchya. But your only protecting yourself from INTERNET hoodlums, as your license plate is visible to anybody in "person". But, I guess some "protection" is better than none?
See the thing about that is sure anyone driving down the road can see your plates and get your info or even follow you home, but A. people on forums can get pissy real easily if you get into a heated argument with one of them, and B. People just driving down the road dont know what you have in your vehicle to make it worth anything. while on a forum, most people post up mod lists or brag about the latest install/part/sterio/ sound system they just put in. So not only would you be giving everyone your plates and where to find you, you are also telling everyone that your vehicle has a lot of parts that they can take.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:26 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by truegent81
yeah i saw the Lund 3m adhesive scoop...i would like to find one already painted to match. this one came flat black for $90 on ebay

Most of these are available color matched. Keep an eye out, this place has some good sales and you might can find a coupon online for a discount as well.

I bought from them before and they sent me a 20% off coupon and then I got my scoop when they ran a "all orders over $99 free shipping" offer...

http://www.stylintrucks.com/category...od_scoops.aspx

Quick Reply: My last day of warranty...