3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

My last day of warranty...

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 08:17 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default My last day of warranty...

Just noticed that my 7/70 powertrain warranty ends today!

I bought my Ram on 4/4/04 new off the lot with 11 miles on it. The ONLY warranty service it has ever been to the dealer for was for a blown stock shock at less than a year old, a couple of months before I put the suspension lift on and one PCM flash when a TSB came out for it.

Mileage right now is 50,136 at seven years old or an average of 7162 miles a year (thank goodness for having a separate daily driver for six of those seven years).

This is by far the longest I've owned any of the seven trucks I've purchased new in my life. I did have an SUV for 9 years when I was married, but the longest I've ever had a truck was just over four years prior to this one.

I have no plans on replacing it anytime soon. I have way too much money sunk into it. It runs better than it did when it was new (thanks to a bunch of mods) and my income is down over 60% from where it was when I bought it.

I have no pics of it bone stock but this one is of it at 3 months old in July '04, only mods were vent shades, tool box, bedrug, wheel, 33" tires, about 2" of T-Bar crank, black nerfs, decals that I designed and cut myself and a K&N drop-in:

Name:  dODGEBEFORE.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  47.0 KB

And as she sits today with enough mods to fill a book, LOL:

Name:  101_0094.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  106.2 KB

Name:  101_0099.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  118.1 KB

Last edited by HammerZ71; 04-03-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Duroc
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beauitiful truck as always Hammer. Good to hear of your positive experience. I am a few years befind ya but have an 07' with 50,000 that has never been to the dealership and an 06' 300c with the hemi, 21,000. Just one dealership vist for it for a leaky transomission o-ring on a sensor.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:22 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Also glad to hear it has been a good truck to you. Mine has had no major issues either and Im thankful. i hope you get a lot more out of it

Old 04-06-2011, 07:49 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Jeesh Hammer, I never really knew you had so much chrome on that thing... hopefully the ol' saying "Chrome don't get you home" isn't always true... or your fawked

Keep taking care of her and she will take care of you. You got another 20 years of good use and minimal issues at the rate your going.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Powerubi Wacon
Veteran

My 7/70, on my 2005 that I bought (10 miles on the ticker) on 08/02/05, will end in 5,000 miles.

Old 04-06-2011, 08:47 PM
ricer
Veteran

One of the best looking trucks on here, hands down. Glad she has been good to you 'cuz I know you have been good to her.
Name:  ed8.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  17.2 KB

Old 04-07-2011, 07:07 AM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Out of curiosity, whats the purpose of "smudging" out your license plate?

Old 04-07-2011, 07:34 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Same reason why you dont give out your email address and phone number and personal info on an open forums. Some people are quite slick and use it for spamming, stalking or more devious reasons.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:56 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I did computer security for county and city law enforcement for about twelve years and you'd be amazed at how easy it is for the general public to gather information on you.

Besides the internet, you can actually walk right into the DMV with just a plate number and they will be more than happy to provide registrant name and address information, vehicle registration and expiration date, vehicle make and model, VIN number, title information, and even the lien holder's name and address.

The only plates you cannot obtain the above information about are those registered to government, elected officials & law enforcement personnel whose information is protected by law.

Old 04-07-2011, 07:16 PM
olyelr
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Same reason why you dont give out your email address and phone number and personal info on an open forums. Some people are quite slick and use it for spamming, stalking or more devious reasons.
Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I did computer security for county and city law enforcement for about twelve years and you'd be amazed at how easy it is for the general public to gather information on you.

Besides the internet, you can actually walk right into the DMV with just a plate number and they will be more than happy to provide registrant name and address information, vehicle registration and expiration date, vehicle make and model, VIN number, title information, and even the lien holder's name and address.

The only plates you cannot obtain the above information about are those registered to government, elected officials & law enforcement personnel whose information is protected by law.

Gotchya. But your only protecting yourself from INTERNET hoodlums, as your license plate is visible to anybody in "person". But, I guess some "protection" is better than none?

Quick Reply: My last day of warranty...