3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Were is super chips when you need them

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 10:41 AM
fewmopar
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Were is super chips when you need them

I bought a superchip the first of the month from a well known company that has really been giving me the run around, not superchips company. Anyways I programed my truck for the x mode and it did ok the next day I went out to check for codes and the superchip went dead I emailed superchips about it they were very nice and walked me through some trouble checks and they said it was bad. They said to send it back to whom I bought it from. I got ahold of that company and they said yes they would replace it. They emailed me a return form I packed it up sent it back the 5th of this month. I called five days later they said they would check it out to make sure I sent it back in proper condition. Here it is the 20th of the month I'm getting ready to go camping I need to get this truck into tow mode.I keep calling this company and they keep giving me the run around and I can't bring up super chips web sight. Ive got to get this truck back to its original program so I can tow my fifth wheel. I really need my super chip.The super chip people have really been nice. Its the people I bought the superchip from that have just very bad.My truck is a 06 Hemi and the superchip is a 3165 Sure hope sombody can help me out

Old 04-20-2011, 11:14 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Sorry to hear about the issues but I dont think there is much we can help out with here. Sounds like it is a deal with the reseller you got the SC from.

But either way, dont let you not having the SC stop you from towing. Keep in mind your truck was made for towing from the manufacture.

What is the company you bought the SC from? Maybe we can google some company info

Old 04-20-2011, 11:46 AM
fewmopar
Rookie

My concern weedahoe is towing the fifth wheel with the truck in sx superchip mode. As far as who I got the super chip from i'm going to give them one last chance to take care of this problem. I don't like to bad mouth anybody but they are really pushing my buttons. Thanks weedahoe

Old 04-20-2011, 11:50 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

3165 or 3865?

Old 04-20-2011, 12:43 PM
fewmopar
Rookie

Its a 3865 SC

Old 04-20-2011, 02:45 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Were you able to put the truck back to stock or is the superchips program you loaded still stuck in there? If the truck is back to stock, you don't need the perf towing program to tow stuff with it, but if its stuck on say the 91/93 perf tune you may not want to tow with it.

Old 04-20-2011, 03:05 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Contact SC directly and ask if it's safe to tow with the XS tune. Give them the weight and size of the trailer. I don't run the XS or 87 tunes but I KNOW FOR A FACT there is a 2k weight limit with the Perf tune due to how much it advances timing.

Possible a lower octane fuel tune does not advance timing near as much.

In the meantime, get on the a$$ of the reseller. That's **** poor customer service right there.

I'd mention the name in this thread. Been more than one time some place of business was called out on this forum and they got on here, apologized out the ying-yang about the "oversight" and rectified the situation.

Lot of power in a forum with over 100,000 members, most of whom purchase mods and having your company getting a bad rep...

Old 04-20-2011, 06:18 PM
Matt99
Champion

yea I use this forum alot in conversation with auto companies

Quick Reply: Were is super chips when you need them