3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Gas Mileage upgrades...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 08:32 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepin_Lawyer
You can run a search and you will find TONS of material on this subject. Unfortunately it's constantly discussed but I think the overall opinion is that a tuned up engine gets the best possibly mileage for the money spent AND leaving it parked helps mileage the most!

Yeah, that "get your a$$ out and walk" mod works pretty good, as does the "bike geek" thing...

Old 04-24-2011, 11:52 AM
POWER SEDAN
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HammerZ71- just curious, have you ever checked out a company called Ram-air-hoods? Not sure if they are still in business, but I had the SRT-10 hood on my '05 Ram, and they made a forced air hood induction system for the 4.7, and the 5.7 motors that were functional with that hood. Seems crazy, but noticed my mpg's (over all driving average) increased by 2 mpg's, plus I was still running the stock exhaust. Just happen to be an extra perk I didn't expect, was more or less the sound it provided that I loved over the K&N CAI I had previously.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:03 AM
rayrum60
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the input. I just drive a lot slower now where i can and it helps. I'm having other issues now so mileage is the least of my concerns.

Quick Reply: Gas Mileage upgrades...