3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Oil change and warrentee

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 07:53 AM
kschab
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So which oil and filter do you recommend?

Old 06-06-2011, 09:11 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Personally, I'm not real picky on the brand. I will use the 100% synthetic that's on sale, preferably with a free quality filter.
Last couple of times it's been Valvoline Synpower with a K&N filter, but I've bought Mobil 1, with Mobil 1 filter and Castrol Edge with Purolator Pure 1 filter in the past. With the price of the K&N filters, it's tough to beat five quarts of Synpower and the K&N for $27.95, and Advance will usually pro-rate the price on the extra 2 quarts as well.

Currently I have 13 quarts of Royal Purple (enough for the next changes in the truck & the Jeep) and a pair of Royal Purple filters because I found a deal for the RP online for $4 and change a quart (I posted it, where were YOU???)

If there is nothing on sale I like, then I'll usually buy Valvoline Synpower, but any name-brand 100% synthetic is fine, with a Wix (NAPA Gold) filter or any filter made by Champion Labs (K&N, Royal Purple, Mobil 1, etc.), Purolator filters are good too...

Quick Reply: Oil change and warrentee