3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

4" rough country lift and tires installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 06:12 PM
cjs4444
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so what did you do to prep before you painted???????

Old 07-19-2011, 11:05 PM
thunderhemi

yea the rough country 6 inch is only like 50 bucks more but I agree with you, I think the 4 inch looks perfect. I can't wait to get some money saved up now!

Old 07-20-2011, 12:30 AM
hemihawkeye

Originally Posted by cjs4444
so what did you do to prep before you painted???????
just used some degreaser and then sanded down some of the rough or rusty places then painted it. didn't go too crazy. wasn't trying to make it into a show truck just didn't want the old and new parts to look completely different.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:40 AM
hemihawkeye

Originally Posted by thunderhemi
yea the rough country 6 inch is only like 50 bucks more but I agree with you, I think the 4 inch looks perfect. I can't wait to get some money saved up now!
i wrestled with that same decision. $50 dollars more for the 6" was hard to pass up. looked at countless pics but when it came down to it i thought the 4 would be more practical for my needs (short wife and 2 kids). plus everyone says its easier on the IFS. hope you get some saved up so i can see it.

Old 07-23-2011, 12:55 PM
Knuckles1988
Rookie

Thank you for posting the pics. My Rancho 4" is arriving at my house on Monday. I'm excited to put it on and have been pretty curious to see how it would look. Kind of worried if I went right with the 4" Rancho instead of a 6" Skyjacker, but seeing your pictures, I have little doubt now. Now all I need to do is get home from Iraq so I can have the fun of the installing it. Great looking truck!

Old 07-29-2011, 12:47 AM
hemihawkeye

Originally Posted by Knuckles1988
Thank you for posting the pics. My Rancho 4" is arriving at my house on Monday. I'm excited to put it on and have been pretty curious to see how it would look. Kind of worried if I went right with the 4" Rancho instead of a 6" Skyjacker, but seeing your pictures, I have little doubt now. Now all I need to do is get home from Iraq so I can have the fun of the installing it. Great looking truck!
well first let me thank you, as i assume you are in the service. and get home safely!... thanks for the compliment. glad to hear it helped. i had a hell of a time finding pics of trucks with 4" lifts. hammers might be the only one i saw on here. pretty sure he has the rancho also. you should be vey happy with it. i did however upgrade to the 3" rear blocks to give it a bit of a rake since i don't care much for the leveled look. i assume yours came with 2" blocks. hope you get it done and get some pics posted. would love to see it.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:36 PM
koondawg
Amateur

I have the rough country lift on mine. I like the way it looks. I cranked the torsion bars 1 turn to kinda level it out. I bought it with the lift and it is the 3" blocks. Had to replace shocks as the bushings were shot. Broke a bolt of in the control arm so use a little antiseze. sway bar links two. I get alot of compliments. If I ever figure out the posting pics thing Ill through a few up. Nice lookin truck. I'm guilty of the mud flaps to. Just tryin to save a little paint.

Last edited by koondawg; 07-29-2011 at 09:40 PM.

Quick Reply: 4" rough country lift and tires installed