3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Cherry Bomb glasspack on ram hemi !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 10:13 PM
reefguy89
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why are you wanting glasspacks? for the noise? i have the cherry bomb extreme and it loud under acceration. but quite when coasting. I will be doing glasspacks soon thought i want it louder. im gonna do longtubes into cats with an xpipe into dual 18" glasspacks should be nice and loud.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:18 PM
adventurer
Professional

Originally Posted by reefguy89
why are you wanting glasspacks? for the noise? i have the cherry bomb extreme and it loud under acceration. but quite when coasting. I will be doing glasspacks soon thought i want it louder. im gonna do longtubes into cats with an xpipe into dual 18" glasspacks should be nice and loud.
No man i dont want loud sound i only want deep tone ( deeper than magnaflow ) and coz i might get more torque at the low end

Old 08-05-2011, 10:33 PM
reefguy89
Captain

i wouldnt do it cause you think your gonna get low end torque, you might gain a few ftlbs but nothing that will be noticable. as far a deep tone not sure if you had or have heard glasspacks before but they are loud. the can have good deep tones but are loud. you might want to try the cherrybomb extreme muffler.

here is a sound clip of mine.

Old 08-05-2011, 10:43 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Magnaflows are among the better flowing mufflers out there, the glasspacks flow well too and probably will lower the torque curve a smidge, but not enough to feel, only a dyno would be able to show it.

If low end grunt is what you want, the best way to go about that is to re-gear.

The glasspacks are gonna be deep, but they'll be loud too, although I'm not too sure if they will be noticeably louder than a CB Extreme...

Old 08-06-2011, 05:36 AM
adventurer
Professional

well , reefguy89 the sound of ur truck is much louder than my truck , i have on my truck after the cats the mgnaflow muffler(one 3 inch inlet and two outlets 2.5 each) and directly after it i have two small round mufflers the inside diameter for each small muffler is 2.1 inch i think (50 or 55 mm ) , and i only have one glasspack which i was thinking to fit ( i think its 30 inch and inlet is 3 inch , outlet is nearly 2.5 inch with the inner diameter as i said is 2 inch i think (50 mm) , any advice or suggestions ?

Last edited by adventurer; 08-06-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:12 PM
reefguy89
Captain

so you still have the resonators still in there then. mine are taken out so that might be y its louder. but i your wanting duals then you will have to put a y-pipe after the glasspack. I would probly take out the resonators. also if you do want dual and do the ypipe might as well get two and change the suckass stock one while your at it. if you dont want a ypipe after the glasspack and still want duals you need to either get another one along with an xpipe. or just get a si/do(single in/dual out) muffler.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:23 PM
adventurer
Professional

Originally Posted by reefguy89
so you still have the resonators still in there then. mine are taken out so that might be y its louder. but i your wanting duals then you will have to put a y-pipe after the glasspack. I would probly take out the resonators. also if you do want dual and do the ypipe might as well get two and change the suckass stock one while your at it. if you dont want a ypipe after the glasspack and still want duals you need to either get another one along with an xpipe. or just get a si/do(single in/dual out) muffler.
no reefguy i have magnaflow cat-back , nothing stock i added two small round chrome mufflers after the magnaflow muffler (single in/dual out) when i deleted the cats last week coz the sound was awful and when i returned the cats on i kept the two small chrome mufflers

Last edited by adventurer; 08-06-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Cherry Bomb glasspack on ram hemi !!