3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

07 QC, Hemi 5.7 suggestions needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 03:20 AM
thegtproject
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 07 QC, Hemi 5.7 suggestions needed

Hey all, I picked up a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 to toy with about a month ago. I've wanted to learn how to work on this stuff for a while so this is my attempt. So far I installed a cat back dual exhaust system from Jegs which sounds really damn good. And also a Weapon-R Secret Weapon intake system with a ram air addon. The gains made here are quite noticeable, but I am not content yet. I still need more HP before I am happy.

But needless to say, I'm out of my element here and cannot google enough, soon enough, to match your guys' years of experience.

Before getting too over-my-head what other +HP mods can I do? I guess the chip is the next obvious addon and so be it, any suggestions which chip? Looks like the Superchip's Flashpaq may be my best bet for hp gain, can anyone confirm?

But most of all, after i do the chip, what else can i easily do for HP gains? spark plugs? headers? im definitely new to this stuff so dont assume any knowledge on this end

thanks!

-brandon

Old 08-07-2011, 03:29 AM
thegtproject

sorry i just read that this is the wrong forum for this question, can an admin please move to general section?

Old 08-07-2011, 12:32 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I run the Diablosport Predator and am quite pleased with it. Others prefer the Superchips 3865.

Old 08-07-2011, 04:00 PM
mattwv88
Professional

I like my Bully dog real well. Someone needs to let me borrow there super chips so I can compare

Quick Reply: 07 QC, Hemi 5.7 suggestions needed