3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Dilemma, sell or mod

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 02:04 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeboy1979
throttle body spacer won't do anything as these are multiport injection and not the old style of injection on the TB. some guys like them for the whistle etc.. they create buts that's all they do.

This be true, I've actually personally seen a dyno run on an '05 Ram Hemi before and after an Air Raid spacer and the truck LOST 3 HP. Now that's within the error tolerances of a Dyno run, but it's safe to say the TB spacer would certainly show NO gains whatsoever.

I also had a magazine a couple of years ago that tested the same spacer in a truck (I'm thinkin' it was a Cheby, but not sure) that LOST just under 2 mpgs after the spacer was installed.

We had a post around here about two years ago (tech section I think) where a guy wrote Air Raid and the response from an engineer there acknowledged NO HP gains but then he said some cop-out line like "but we don't engineer it so you can see the benefits on a dyno" I was like WTF!!!!????!!!!... LOL...

Quick Reply: Dilemma, sell or mod