3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Got some new skins!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 08:23 AM
selsyn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ricer: I replaced my old BFG KO's with the AT3's. So far they seem to be a really descent tire for the price ( little over $800 265/70/17 ). Sold the BF's. They handle nicely in the rain and great on dry pavement. The sidewall is fairly stiff even on a p metric yet still gives a nice ride. Very interested to see how they handle the winter. Time will tell

selsyn

Old 10-29-2011, 07:54 PM
socket462
Rookie

Originally Posted by ricer
I got my new tires mounted up today and I decided to go with the Cooper Discoverer AT3's. I did quite a bit of research into these or the Cooper zeon LTZ's and there was just more good things pointing in the direction of the Discoverers( designed by the MT/DC guys, 55,000 mile warranty, tire reviews from all over the place, slightly more aggressive tread pattern than the A/T tire and last but not least the $75.00 MIR offered my Cooper on these tires. I got a really good deal on them when two local tire shops got to price beating each other. 275/60/20 tires, mounted and balanced, lifetime repair, lifetime rotation, free alignment, free tire disposal,(one of the tire techs loaded my old tires right into the back of his pick-up),and tax for $919.92. Let me know what you guys think.

Sorry no pics with the truck but it was dirty.

I had Discoverer AT's on my Durango---- great tire! I have had AT3's on my Ram for 2 days now and I love them so far! Weather has been dry this week, but cannot wait to try them on wet roads and snow covered roads! Night and Day difference in ride and handling from the OEM Frangler HP's (may as well have had slicks installed for the traction the HP's offered!)
I was lookng at Zeon LTZ's as well-- but decided that although the LTZ's may have looked a little bit better (as far as agressivness)-- the AT3's offered more functionality (traction, handling and wear)... and for the same price! I got my AT3's for $200 each + mounting and balancing.... I could have gone cheaper and also more expensive, but I feel these were a great buy!

Last edited by socket462; 10-29-2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:31 PM
ricer
Veteran

I love mine so far. I have driven in rain just about every day since I got mine and they handle unbelievably good on wet roads. Before long the snow will be falling here in Ohio and will get a chance to try them out in the snow.

Old 11-01-2011, 10:20 PM
socket462
Rookie

I got my At3's installed last Thursday-- I absolutely love them! Night and day difference from the craptastic Wrangler HP's-- they grip and handle wonderfully. As far as road noise, I do hear a little, but its not bothersome or unexpected.. they are big tires 275/60r20 and they have a good size footprint on the road.
I was looking at the Cooper Zeon LTZ's as well... and before the At3's came out in Spring 2011- I would have gone with them.. but the At3's show superior wear, traction and construction- of couse, this is as per Cooper--
http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light...-T3.aspx?tab=2

I haven't had a chance to test wet or snow grip yet-- but any day now we could have snow here in Iowa.. and I say "Let It Come!".

I got the set for $992 installed at our local Goodyear dealer.

I had to put tires on my wife's awd Caliber a couple of years ago-- between the two vehicles I am down $1900, BUT we should be good on tires for a while I hope.. ugh...

Old 11-01-2011, 11:34 PM
ram_bo06
Captain

congrats on the purchase. they look nice.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:01 AM
ricer
Veteran

$1900.00, damn isn't that ridiculous! I remember the first truck I bought was less than that. Yes I was also originally throwing it around between the Zeons and the AT3's, but I am glad I went with the AT3's. Liking these tires more and more everyday.

Quick Reply: Got some new skins!