3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Heat Not geting hot

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 03:51 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's very likely going to be a blend door then. usually when the recirc door breaks and falls off the hinges it will cause a major air flow restriction, as that door sits above the blower motor.
All of our air boxes are the same, there are two blend doors, one controls drivers side vents and one controls the passenger side vents. If the control panel on the AC does not have the dual climate controls then both blends are linked together to operate as one. The doors and hinges which control the doors are prone to failure, they are plastic and overtime the power of the DC servo motor will break the plastic parts

Old 11-30-2011, 12:28 AM
SpecialEdJon
Professional

So i finally had time off work to take a look at the blend doors and they seem fine the only problem i see is the arm on blend door 2 is broke so its nolonger linked to the other. After i put everything back togather so i can goto work my airbag light came on and idk why

Old 11-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Caseys-dodge
Veteran

The airbag controller is at the bottom of the center stack of the dash - at the floor board below the AC control panel, it's possible that a wire got loosened up

Quick Reply: Heat Not geting hot