3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.
View Poll Results: How do you feel about you're 4.7 Motor...
Thought about replacing with a Hemi
68.42%
Satisfied"Happy"With the 4.7
31.58%
Thought about replacing with a 318 or 360
0%
Hate the 4.7 and sold the truck because of it.
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

02'Ram Get HemiDak-Quads 2004 Hemi."PICS"

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 06:09 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

IT'S DONE ' FINISHED ' COMPLETE "YES" I'VE Been driving it for two months now.OVER 2000 MILES . I have to find a front wheel sensor and hub , Vacuum and Put freon in the A/C unit ..
RESULTS...It runs and shifts great .. It gets 14 mpg City and about 18~19 HWY..I am very happy with the results , and although I really liked my Dakota , This one suits me better.. It's full size has a lot more room inside and out.. Now it's time to enjoy it , I'll finish the rest as I go ..
ANYONE WHO KNOWS WHERE I MIGHT FIND A TONNOEU COVER FOR THIS TRUCK, PLEASE LET ME KNOW...

Old 01-28-2012, 02:18 AM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain

Freon didn't work , I have electrical issues.. It drives and rides fine but some things don't work..I've done Ohm meter readings and I need more info .. I need a pin out for that big white PDC plug under the dash for an 02' and 04' Ram both.. I also need to know the pin out for the Evap purge , pump beside the fuel tank for a 02' and -04' Hemi..I don't have a cab~ Third light , Dome light , anything a/c related under the hood don't get power , My cruise don't work , and I think the 02 sensor wires are wrong. ANY Suggestions are welcome....

Last edited by HemiDak-Quad; 01-30-2012 at 10:26 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:32 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain

I've been trying to figure out the dash wires..I finally found the wire that turns on my light over the bed in the back , but it don't light up with the brake lights..I also can''t figure out which wire turns the A/C clutch and condenser fan on. The two smaller white plugs under the dash "From the pdc" have wires that don't match and some are different colors. I can't find a pin~out for these plugs on line..

Last edited by HemiDak-Quad; 01-30-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:12 PM
T-Muns
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess you don't have a 2002 service manual? There was a 2002 link in this thread but it doesn't work anymore. My swap wouldn't have happened without it!

I'll send you a link. I'll also send a link to weed so maybe he can update the 1st post.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:25 PM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain

Thanks man...I have a service manual , But it's not accurate ..It covers 02' to 08' and they made so many changes in those years it don't offer information on things like pin~outs .. My service manual has about 6 pages of things like window , A/C ,and cruise wiring . But nothing for dash plugs..Once it comes into the cab , That's the end of the diagram..

Last edited by HemiDak-Quad; 01-30-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:28 PM
FrenicX
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any luck on your electrical issues? How are the EM/I laws in SC? They wouldn't let me drive around with something as simple as O2 codes where I live. It's forbidden to even do a swap like that here, even if you get all the smog stuff working. Here they say "Not an option? No swap."

That won't stop me though, I already have my Hemi picked out. Just waiting for the guy to get back to me.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:45 AM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain

That's got to be one of the dummest laws I've ever heard of..I could see Cal. passing some sort of law like that but anywhere else is just redicicilis...What they don't know won't hurt them. Are you swapping into a Ram or Dak.?

Old 06-11-2012, 11:38 AM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain

UPDATE : After 6 months and about 12-14 thous. miles . I got the interior lights working..The problem was in the cab between the switch and light.. I still have'nt figured out my cruise and I need an a/c compressor .. Mine has a dead short inside the compressor".Iv'e done 3 oil changes. I still have a blinking ABS light , but all in all This swap was well worth doing. I'm very happy with this truck . I still need to install one 02 sensor . and let Maco spray me a paint job on her. I finally found a nice keyless entry Leer 800 , Tonnoau cover for $400.00 .I'm Loving it..I've been asked why I did this swap when I could have got a high milage Hemi Ram cheaper..
Answer: I can't find a Hemi ram of any kind for less than I have in this swap. My motor and trans. has less than 75k on it but the truck is up to 160k..
..HemiDak~Quads , Thought of the day..
I THINK , puting a 4.7 in a Ram 4~door is a complete waste.. It's too much truck for an under~powered Motor.. why Dodge didn't stay with the 360 and just improve on a good motor. is beyond me...
The best part of this is , "now" finding a ram with a blown 4.7 is not hard to do.. They're everywhere .. So parts are easy to find ..

Old 11-07-2012, 11:44 AM
GRNDPNDR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a used 2002 ram with the 4.7L.

It has some engine problems that may end up costing me the price of a 2004 5.7L Hemi from the wreckers.

If that were the case, I wouldn't bother fixing the 4.7 but buy the Hemi instead.

How difficult is it to swap an 04 Hemi into a 2002 Ram QC 4x4?

Is that more of a plgu'n'play swap than yours here? or is there still some wiring that needs to be tweaked.

Old 11-18-2012, 11:37 AM
HemiDak-Quad
Captain

It's a simple swap.. Those Issues I was having with interior lighting didn't have anything to do with the wiring from the swap.. It was the light fixtures.. Bad connections , rusty bulb ends etc.. I worked them out once I figured that out.. I've been driving this truck for about a year now with no issues.. I Love my Truck .. But I will be parking it soon. I bought a 1995 Jeep wrangler with a 2004 4.0 Motor and 6 spd man. trans.. But whoever put the newer motor in chopped all the wires up. It looks like a bowl of speghetti under that hood.. Here we go again..
I'll finally get a chance to paint my Ram and finish things like cruise control . Once I started driving my truck , I stopped working on it..It's hard to do both..

Quick Reply: 02'Ram Get HemiDak-Quads 2004 Hemi."PICS"