3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Fueling Problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 09:13 PM
HemiPlowboy1500
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fueling Problem

I've got a problem, well more of a nuisance. About 70% of the time when I fill up, as the gas pump shuts off a bit of gas comes up and runs down the side of my pickup. I've tried different pumps at different stations, even slowing down the nozzle as it gets close to full, and they all seem to do this. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I'm getting tired of not quite filling up all the way to save a quick wash every time I fill up.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:16 PM
CaptainMo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm having the same problem! It has only not happened once or twice when I had the nozzled set on the slower setting but it still has done it even then. My fiance had this problem with her jeep wrangler and she had to get a new gas tank put in because of something with the sensor or something, not real sure. Hopefully that's not our same problem.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:39 PM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would say the valve or flap or whatever its called is broken so instead of blocking off the tank when its full it overflows

Old 12-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Is that at any gas station, or do you fill up at the same place every time. I thought that the cruise-control shutoff on the gas nozzles was triggered by fluid backing up in the nozzle, itself? There was a station by where I used to live in Arkansas where the pumps were notorious for not auto-stopping and causing overflows. I've never had this problem elsewhere, though.

If it is a recurring issue at multiple stations, then I'd have it looked at.

Quick Reply: Fueling Problem