3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Superchips Vivid Paq

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 10:04 PM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some more pics and comments from Jeremy:

More pics from tonight's tuning

Torque Management - WOT settings

Setting the tranny for my shift schedule:

Pretty slick tuner!

Best thing.........I did the tranny tuning from my couch!

Old 12-25-2011, 09:29 AM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After playing with the VIVID for awhile, I have some feedback:

Pros:

Compact.
Awesome graphics.
Gauges for real time diagnostics and additional apps (maintenance minder, etc.).
You can save multiple shift schedules. (excellent feature for shift schedule guru's)
Great for folks who want an in vehicle mounted unit, with all the bells and whistles.

Cons:

For the less technology savvy, this may not fit your needs.
Sort of cumbersome (check my entire explanation below)

This is a great unit, but in my opinion it's not for everyone. One, you have to be comfortable navigating a smart device type unit and two, you have to be technology savvy. I found using the screen was a little cumbersome, but this may be because I have big hands and tend to fat finger the screen a lot. This is not to say most people couldn't easily use it (see how easy it was for Jeremy), for me the unit doesn't fit my style or needs. I'm not a unit stays in the truck kind of guy. I like that Superchips will still offer their other handheld units. This will give prospective users more choices to choose the unit that best fits their needs.

In summary, great work by Superchips adding another awesome hardware choice to their line up. It adds another dimension/choice to their tuning lineup. It adds hardware that can be mounted in the vehicle (it looks terrific mounted in the vehicle), with plenty of graphics and apps. If you aren't interested in an in vehicle mounted unit, Superchips other offerings will work great for you.

Not directly related to this review, but important too many and needs to be mentioned. Superchips needs custom tuning and more add-on applications like line pressure, etc.

I hope my feedback helps you in your quest to choose the tuner that best fits your needs. Thanks and Merry Christmas to all!!

Quick Reply: Superchips Vivid Paq