3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Superchips Vivid Paq

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 07:42 PM
SilsHemi
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superchips Vivid Paq

Hi Folks,

I haven't been around much as of late, but I do have some news. VIVID PAQ for Dodge is in manufacturing and will be available some time soon. Possibly just after the new year. Please check with Superchips for a more concrete time frame. Below are a few pics of the present I received today from Superchips.

Scott Britton, from Superchips, has been tremendous. I want to thank him and Superchips for allowing me the opportunity to run this product before release.

It will be a few days before I get to installing it (super busy at work and home), but my pal Jeremy will have one as well and I'm sure he'll post in this thread.

After I open the box, I will post more pics. I'll also give you some initial thoughts and maybe a few more screen shots.

Thanks,

Sil

Name:  P1100251.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  108.6 KB
Name:  P1100269.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  104.3 KB
Name:  P1100271.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  93.0 KB
Name:  P1100276.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  136.9 KB

Last edited by SilsHemi; 12-21-2011 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:43 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

It comes with everything you'll need. Dongle, windshield mount, etc., etc. Packaging is excellent.

A few more pics in demo mode. Looking real sweet.

Name:  P1100290.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  102.5 KB
Name:  P1100281.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  67.0 KB
Name:  P1100282.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  68.6 KB
Name:  P1100283.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  45.9 KB
Name:  P1100287.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  70.8 KB

Old 12-21-2011, 07:44 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

I tuned this evening using the Vivid. I tuned back to stock first with my Cortex. The Vivid Paq is stupid simple to use. It was ready to go right out of the box. It connected to the LINQ perfectly and basically the same type of prompts. Stock file saved, etc.

I just used the quick tune for now because, I need SC to update the trans tuning to this unit. So far, I'm pretty impressed.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:45 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Here's some Vivid Paq trans tuning information Scott sent me via e-mail:

I believe you guys are gonna love the way we have redone the Advanced Trans tuning app. It is much easier to use now that we can employ better graphics. Here are a couple screen shots:

The Shift Point adjustment feature offers the following features:

Name:  image011.png
Views: 131
Size:  56.6 KB

1) The main graph details each shift point line and how it performs by MPH vs. throttle position.

2) The two grey buttons in the upper left hand corner of the screen allow you to view and adjust your up and down Shift Points individually or together.

3) The color coded lines detail each shift table. By touching one of those lines you highlight that particular shift point on the main graph allowing it to be adjusted.

4) The Points tab allows you to view your adjustments by numeric value.

5) The Shift Groups tab switches you between street/strip (warm) and offroad/crawl (low) tuning.

Shift Point adjustments are made by identifying the color coded schedule that you would like to adjust from the column to the left. With your finger touch any one of the intersecting dots in the graph and drag the dot to the desired location.

The user can also adjust each shift point by numerical value in the Points tab.

Name:  image012.png
Views: 128
Size:  53.3 KB

Similar to the Shift Point adjustment feature, the Torque management (Shift Firmness) feature for Dodge gas trucks and SUV applications allows you the ability to adjust how firm your gear up and down shifts are. Here is a definition of the product features:

Name:  image013.png
Views: 79
Size:  42.9 KB

1) The main graph details torque Management lines for each gear change and how it performs between pedal percentage vs. RPM.

2) The two grey buttons in the upper left hand corner of the screen allow you to view and adjust your up and down Shift Points individually or together.

3) The color coded lines detail shift torque for each gear change at part throttle. By touching one of those lines you highlight that particular line on the main graph allowing it to be adjusted.

4) The Points tab allows you to view your adjustments by numeric value for both part throttle and wide open throttle torque (Part throttle torque is shown by default).

5) The Shift Groups tab allows you to switch between part throttle torque and wide open throttle torque allowing you the ability to tune both.

Old 12-21-2011, 07:47 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

When I have more time, I'll go through more features and I'll update this thread. Enjoy!

Old 12-21-2011, 09:17 PM
pitbull24
Veteran

Awesome teaser pics; looks and sounds easy to work with.

Any diff tuning options or changes in tunes from 3865?

Old 12-21-2011, 09:30 PM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by pitbull24
Awesome teaser pics; looks and sounds easy to work with.

Any diff tuning options or changes in tunes from 3865?
Extremely easy. You can spend more time on other real time apps it offers.

Tuning files are the same. Trans tune app menus and graphics are extended, as well as all the real time gauges, etc. It's good they have hardware choices because, you can best pick the tuner that works for you.

Old 12-22-2011, 10:44 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

I'm posting these pics for my friend Jeremy who's running the Vivid Paq as well. Enjoy!

I has some pics!

I have a universal mount in the truck - which fit this perfectly!

Only goofy thing so far? "DOD"
What the hell is "DOD"........derrr.......Displacement on demand.
Need to get them to change that to MDS. I was scratching my head!

Old 12-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Rio94gt
Professional

Nice. What year truck is that in the pics? Also will a 93 tune be available for the 3rd Gen?

Old 12-22-2011, 08:15 PM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How much is this bad boy supposed to cost? And when does it officially go on sale?

Quick Reply: Superchips Vivid Paq