3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Should I go with Bilstein's or not??

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 03:52 PM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should I go with Bilstein's or not??

Ok, Ok, I know there are A LOT of threads pertaining to this...but that's just it, there are A LOT, I ran the search and it has 10 pages of results and I opened and read most the way through many of them on the first few pages and didn't find any info I was looking for and the threads seem to jump around the topic a bit. So I bit the bullet to start a new thread to get the answers I'm looking for instead of spending an entire day reading through the inner twinings of shock threads on here, so I apologize in advance...I normally try to find answers before posting.

I need new shocks in a bad way now. Just drove 42 hours to and from Florida and the wife is now "allowing" me to spend the money for shocks on the truck. I had my mind and heart set on the Bilsteins...
http://moesperformance.com/index.php...ducts_id=12457

http://moesperformance.com/index.php...roducts_id=323

But recall reading a while back (though cannot find it now) someone mentioning that they give quite a firm ride, but keep the truck "bolted" to the ground when hitting rough terrain. My question is what exactly is meant by a "firm" ride? Am I going to feel the recoil from the bumps, but not bounce around, or what? Is it something the ol' lady will most likely b!t(h about; is ther something a little more mild that will keep me planted??

Old 01-02-2012, 04:13 PM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It'll ride more like a truck is what it means. But I would be skeptical about ordering from there because there has been some rumors going around about the guy who runs the business and people not getting their orders

Old 01-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Catchin Zs
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It'll just be a stiffer ride. I have em and love em. They dampen bumps really well.

Old 01-02-2012, 11:13 PM
contractors Hemi
Rookie

Will be only a tad more firm than stock but they totally control the whole range of motion of the suspension.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:57 AM
Arctodus
Captain

I would say definitely go with the Bilsteins. I've run alot of different shocks, but once I started running Bilsteins, I love them. I have put them on my last 3 trucks. I got mine from SuspensionConnection.com.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:16 AM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm just trying to avoid the ol' lady pi$$ing and moaning that my truck rides like a TRUCK...since we take it everywhere...I can't stand her Stratus...feel like I need to be wearing a jock strap cuz so close to ground. I had my mind set on Bilsteins and then second guessed myself...why do I do these things...but if you say it will be only a bit more firm than stock, I'm sure she doesn't remember what that felt like...when the shocks were still good...so I'm sure it'll ride better than it does now. Thanks again,

Old 01-03-2012, 07:12 PM
HemiMoparGuy1981
Veteran

Originally Posted by 08HEMI1500
But I would be skeptical about ordering from there because there has been some rumors going around about the guy who runs the business and people not getting their orders

Anyone else hear of this, I thought I heard nothing but good things about Moe's??

Old 01-03-2012, 11:25 PM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

Originally Posted by HemiMoparGuy1981
Anyone else hear of this, I thought I heard nothing but good things about Moe's??
Make sure you call and talk to him directly before placing the order on the website. I don't think the site is updated with things that are out of stock like it used to be, and a lot of people never got their items (specifically the flex-a-lite fan).

Quick Reply: Should I go with Bilstein's or not??