3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Mod time...Got me a Peragon foldable hard tonneau cover!! PICS!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 08:08 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
No more winch wishing???
Nah. Got no use for it now. Coulda used one for the last few years though. Coulda used this cover for the last few years as well to keep my chainsaws hidden from public view. At $450 and $650 each, they are too valuable to be taken.

I did have a small issue that I ran into with the shock bracket hitting the liner. The Mopar liner has a useless protrusion on the bedliner up in the front that stopped the cover from opening all the way. I mean it was within 1/4"-1/2" from completely opening.
So, I got out the trusty heat gun, heated up the entire area evenly hot enough so it was maleable but not so hot the outer layer would begin to melt. After heating it up, I put my foot right into it and held it there for a few minutes(waiting for it to cool). This solved my problem without the need to cut the liner. Cutting the liner would have been useful too and not that big of a deal, but I thought I'd try to heat it up first..haha The liner did try and re-form itself to its original mold, but there's like 3" of area behind the cover so I was able to force it back far enough that it was able to spring back just a little and not cause any more clearance issue's. I could have also move the bracket to the inside, but I'm lazy in some aspects of life. Here are pics of what I'm talking about.

Pics will expand if clicked.

After heating up and "remolding" the liner with my foot.

Last edited by dirtydog; 03-10-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:07 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Tell me about it, I had a chain saw taken from the bed of my 2nd Gen about twelve or thirteen years ago. Was an old Homelite from back when they were made well (mid '70s I believe it were) and everything right down to the air filter cover plate was steel. Had an uncle who got emphysema and lung cancer (asbestos worker all his life) who couldn't handle the rigors of cutting firewood anymore. He gave it to me after I spent an afternoon splitting wood for him. So it was just as much sentimental value as anything else.

My current saws (Stihl Farm Boss & a small echo for pruning) live under lock & key in my shed and are in cases. Cases go inside the cab if I'm ever out and about with them and I'm out of eyesight of the truck. Too high a replacement cost in those...

Old 03-17-2012, 10:37 AM
kcdaniels
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed one on my 01 ram and it was great ! Should have taken it off when I sold the truck lol...

Old 03-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Peragon
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Peragon Truck Bed Cover - DodgeForum Member $40 Discount

Peragon already offers an unbeatable value for a solid aluminum, retractable truck bed cover. This just makes it even better.
  • The $40 discount is available to members of this forum. Please provide your member name in the "Comments" section of your online order or tell us when ordering by phone. Example: "My DodgeForum member name is: _____. Please apply the $40 DodgeForum discount to my order." We'll apply the discount and adjust your order total before processing your credit card. If you're not a member, join!
  • Don't procrastinate - this offer ends at midnight, Saturday March 31st, 2012.
  • PLUS a Military / Law Enforcement / Fire Discount! If you're active or retired Military / LE / Fire, we'll give you an additional $25 discount and a FREE Tailgate Seal Kit. Again, just mention it in the "Comments" section of your online order or when ordering by phone, then email us proof of status or send us an email from your organizational email account. We'll adjust your order total and add the free Tailgate Seal before processing your order. It's a small way for us to honor those who serve our country. (There is no time limit for this discount. It is available anytime to qualified Peragon customers.)

The Peragon truck bed cover has been Made in the USA for 13 years. Our third generation cover launched mid-2011 and is earning positive reviews:

To learn more about our unique truck bed cover, please visit our web site at Peragon.com. Our contact information follows and I will respond personally to posts as time permits. All email and phone calls/messages will be responded to in a timely fashion.

Sales and Customer Service 877-473-7246 ext 1
info@peragon.com

Thank you!

Old 03-21-2012, 07:54 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

OK guys...and gals if your out there! I think this is a fantastic deal!

It rained just after the cover install and I had a chance to see how it would be underneath with wet weather. There was like 3 drops in each front corner. Now, it wasn't a heavy downpour, just an all day light rain.(about 1/2" total rainfall)
I had a chance to wash and spiff up the exterior. Been 3 months since it had been touched. I got thinking.........
So, I pressure washed it first and I layed right into the cover seams. Hand soaped it all up and pressure washed it again...laying into the seams once more. Now, I could care less if the bedliner got a little wet so I was a bit more eager to see how wet it would get under there with high pressure applications.
Results...maybe 6oz total. 3oz on each side. That's just 1/4can of soda in volume! The center between each panel sealed up nice.

I was embarrassed to take pics under the cover because I had not cleaned it prior to washing my truck because I wanted to see how wet it would get and if I sprayed it out, and it would have been difficult to tell if I washed it prior. But, here's some pics all waxed up! I used a commercial grade quick wax.

Last edited by dirtydog; 05-29-2012 at 11:01 AM. Reason: corrected errors
Old 03-21-2012, 08:51 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Somebody needs to make one of these that fits WITH a toolbox. I'd buy it tomorrow! Oh and it needs to be available in diamond plate...

Old 03-21-2012, 09:27 AM
Bigboytoys
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow...a lot nicer than my roll top tonneau...Mine is starting to come out of the tracks and is a pain in the a$$ to open and close....

Old 03-21-2012, 12:13 PM
Peragon
Former Vendor

Thanks for the report on the leakage characteristics! Priceless information for me. I get this question frequently and now I can refer them to your post. I can't believe I have this information now. This means much more to someone when it comes from an objective source. THANKS!

Old 03-23-2012, 09:46 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by Peragon
Thanks for the report on the leakage characteristics! Priceless information for me. I get this question frequently and now I can refer them to your post. I can't believe I have this information now. This means much more to someone when it comes from an objective source. THANKS!

No Prob. Actually, I just went to a coin wash and used their sprayer. I use one bay specifically because it has a smaller tip and sprays a little harder. There was merely a few drops of leakeage from that sprayer.
I have a Dewalt 2800psi pressure washer that I reported the few OZ's of leak with, so a lighter sprayer will not cause as much leaking. I'd imagine that an automated car wash will have even less, but I am unsure how the cover would react to those powerful blowers?? It does bounce around some when traveling at normal speeds on the highway. It actually started buzzing when I was doing 90mph to see what hwould hapen and how much it would bounce around..which was alot. Obviously it's not made to be going that fast, but I like to push my stuff beyond to make sure they'll handle anything that Normal daily life gives

Old 03-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Peragon
Former Vendor

That is helpful information and gives a perspective that's not often found elsewhere. Thanks!

Last edited by Peragon; 03-28-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Mod time...Got me a Peragon foldable hard tonneau cover!! PICS!!