3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Ram Tough.........

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 10:31 AM
bigdaddyII
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram Tough.........

Hey guys, was in a fender bender of sorts last night. I am impressed in my truck in the way this all turned out. No one was hurt in either car, it could have been more serious but I was reminded why I have no problem filling up a full size truck with gas rather then a car. With properly working traffic signals, this would have been my fault (well with properly working signals it wouldnt have happened), but what happened is pretty obvious from the pics.

I was able to drive my truck the hour back home, the Grand Marquis left on a tow truck. The car did its job well in protecting the passengers, it just looks nastier.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:19 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Glad to hear NOBODY was hurt. Parts you can replace.

I have seen MANY pics submitted over the years of Rams that have hit or been hit by other vehicles or objects and I can honestly only recall a single one of them where the RAM sustained more damage than the other vehicle (and that was after a collision with a lumber truck (semi) - and the guy posted that despite the Ram being basically demolished - he was able to walk away.

Seen some pretty well destroyed foreign vehicles (not just cars but SUVs as well) where they were demolished while the Ram had not much more damage than what your pic shows - and the occupants of the other vehicle was not as lucky as the Ram owner.

Despite what the current administration or the tree hugger society would have you believe - there are still some VERY GOOD REASONS to drive a larger vehicle...

Old 03-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Dead2Fall
Captain

This "fender bender" wasn't related to it being St. Patrick's day yesterday was it? lol.
My Brother was the previous owner of my truck, he passed away and I was left the hemi. It has quite a legacy. He made the ultimate left hand turn one night.. made the left and just kept turning lol into the woods. Took out quite a few calf thick trees before the passenger side wheel literally came fully off the truck. Noone hurt. Then another night, he pulled over in a HUGE shoulder to pick up someone he knew that was hitchhiking, and a drunk full on rear ended him. No brakes, no nothing. The girl just tanked the back of the hemi. Put the toolbox through the back window... Hit so hard that the 400lb kid in the back seat actually bowed out the back of the cab. Only injury was a small head cut from the toolbox. Truck is still going hard Good thing I worked for a guy that does body work. Got them both fixed for cost of parts/paint.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:52 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow, glad everyone is alright. Looks like it could have been a LOT worse. Also sounds like the city might have some repair bills coming their way...

I can't really tell from the picture, but is there anything actually cracked, or just scuffed up? Good thing that didn't pop your airbag, too.

Old 03-18-2012, 10:57 PM
bigdaddyII
Captain

Nothing cracked, just scuffed. The corner of the bumper is pushed in about an inch as well.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:30 AM
slakker25rs
Professional
Thumbs up

Sorry tried to delete this post. I dont know how

Last edited by slakker25rs; 03-19-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:47 AM
slakker25rs
Professional
Thumbs up

Really glad to hear. Makes me feel much better when the wife drives it. She survived a major crash in my baby. I cant say I loved that she wrecked into a telephone pole at 30mph after hitting ice, but she and my son were completely free of any wounds, except my wife had bruised knee. PLease view the pic and know the dodge ram provides safety.

Name:  JennavsTelephonepool2.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  151.7 KB

The passenger wheel was ripped from the truck along with the hub and all that jazz. 13,000 to fix.

Hammer - Unfortunately, the telephone pole was fine.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 AM
bigdaddyII
Captain

Wow man. Glad you wife and the little tyke was okay. Truck still did a good job of protecting them.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:42 AM
slakker25rs
Professional

THank God, or Dodge, or mandatory crash ratings - whatever, phew. Im glad to hear you are safe as well.

Last edited by slakker25rs; 03-20-2012 at 04:40 AM.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:08 AM
oefootball_70
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slakker25rs
Really glad to hear. Makes me feel much better when the wife drives it. She survived a major crash in my baby. I cant say I loved that she wrecked into a telephone pole at 30mph after hitting ice, but she and my son were completely free of any wounds, except my wife had bruised knee. PLease view the pic and know the dodge ram provides safety.

The passenger wheel was ripped from the truck along with the hub and all that jazz. 13,000 to fix.

Hammer - Unfortunately, the telephone pole was fine.
Had to LOL at that line

Glad to hear that no one was injured in either of your accidents.