3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

NJ

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Mega-Hemi
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm so glad to be out of Jersey. I always got gas on base so I could pump it myself. Got gas for the bike off-base but still pumped it myself. Some attendants tried to throw a fit, I just told'em to fu¢k off..

Old 03-22-2012, 11:00 PM
slakker25rs
Professional

Yeah the stupid jackasses dont realize they only have a job, because NJ is too dumb to terminate the 50,000 uneducated jobs for people who pump gas. Unfortunately this is passed on to the customer. It a huge cost.

Im sorry, it is for public safety and obviously every other american (except Oregan also) can learn to pump their own gas, but these 2 states feel professionals need to do it for public safety.

Hmmm, it is also illegal to carry a firearm in NJ and they do not accept permit regulations from any other state.

They also invented the fist pump and swim in beaches filled with needles. Need we go on?!?!?!?!?!?!?

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...al-waste_N.htm

I hate Jersey and so do mostly all PA residents. They are arrogant and self righteous. The property taxes are 5x that of PA. Blah blah. They believe they are New Yorkers, but have to commute everyday.

The NJ turnpike cost me $800 when I cracked a 20" rim while driving at 55 mph 2 years ago.

Last edited by slakker25rs; 03-22-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:03 PM
slakker25rs
Professional

Originally Posted by Mega-Hemi
I'm so glad to be out of Jersey. I always got gas on base so I could pump it myself. Got gas for the bike off-base but still pumped it myself. Some attendants tried to throw a fit, I just told'em to fu¢k off..
That is a 50$ fine. You are not a professional

Old 03-22-2012, 11:30 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I totally agree with you on the highways, the politicians, the backwards laws, the gas thing and most of the state that is close to Philly and New York. As for the quieter southern part where the farms and used to be the good beaches are: I remember the needles, we didn't ask for them, don't blame the rest of us; they actually tried to split the state back when I was a kid, south jersey is as different from north jersey as NYC metro area is from upstate NY. The whole 'jersey shore' thing PISSED me and most of my friends/family off to no end (that are being spitting distance from NY, I rest my case). Unless I inherit a large sum of land and/or house there, I won't live there ever again.

Old 03-22-2012, 11:43 PM
slakker25rs
Professional

Sad, trully sad. I am sorry to hear that.

Old 03-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Arctodus
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mega-Hemi
BAhahaahahahaha, that's awesome. I don't know why I think that is so hilarious, but I just squirted diet coke out of my nose after reading this. Maybe becuase the first time I drove to Oregon and started pumping my own gas, this AAA battery fisiqued little dip$h!t came running out screaming and yelling and all he got from me was the bird.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Dead2Fall
Captain

Originally Posted by slakker25rs
Yeah the stupid jackasses dont realize they only have a job, because NJ is too dumb to terminate the 50,000 uneducated jobs for people who pump gas. Unfortunately this is passed on to the customer. It a huge cost.

Im sorry, it is for public safety and obviously every other american (except Oregan also) can learn to pump their own gas, but these 2 states feel professionals need to do it for public safety.

Hmmm, it is also illegal to carry a firearm in NJ and they do not accept permit regulations from any other state.

They also invented the fist pump and swim in beaches filled with needles. Need we go on?!?!?!?!?!?!?

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...al-waste_N.htm

I hate Jersey and so do mostly all PA residents. They are arrogant and self righteous. The property taxes are 5x that of PA. Blah blah. They believe they are New Yorkers, but have to commute everyday.

The NJ turnpike cost me $800 when I cracked a 20" rim while driving at 55 mph 2 years ago.
Well, 50,000 jobs is a good thing uneducated or not even though he f'd up pumping my gas. The cost isn't really passed on to us, our neighbors PA and NY are both higher priced actually... The "fist pump" thing are a bunch of dirtbags from out of state. They just vacation here and make a tv show, we can't help it. I will agree with you the taxes, cost of living, firearm laws and highways SUCK.

I live up north in the mountains/woods. It's a whole different world up here. It's actually nice.
PA $3.867
NY $4.025
NJ $3.658

Last edited by Dead2Fall; 03-23-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:08 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, I grew up in upstate NY and when I say I'm from there everyone pictures NYC. Hell, I grew up on a farm in the upper Hudson Valley.

I just went to storage yesterday and dug my old Trek mountain bike out since I've been out of work since November and it won't hurt me to get the old heart rate up once in a while and save some gas. Now I just got to figure out why it won't shift gears - which is why it went into storage in the first place...

Old 03-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Dead2Fall
Captain

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Yeah, I grew up in upstate NY and when I say I'm from there everyone pictures NYC. Hell, I grew up on a farm in the upper Hudson Valley.

I just went to storage yesterday and dug my old Trek mountain bike out since I've been out of work since November and it won't hurt me to get the old heart rate up once in a while and save some gas. Now I just got to figure out why it won't shift gears - which is why it went into storage in the first place...
Check the vacuum hoses and solenoids.
Where I am in NJ is pretty much akin to upstate NY... hills, cows and trees. Love it up there. My wife is actually from the albany area but way up in the hills.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:19 AM
slakker25rs
Professional

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
In regards to the mountain bike, check this out:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...s-section.html

Yep, I just did that. I hope I dont get banned for it (haha), but how many people get to say they did that to the "Hammer"...

Noninformational and just playing around