3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Superchip w/out Plenum Gasket Fix

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 12:47 PM
Ellis42
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Citori13 have you fixed the plenum gasket yet?

Old 04-13-2012, 12:56 PM
citori13
Professional

I have not. I haven't noticed any problems with it yet. What are the signs of it starting to fail?

So what's the difference between the cortex and flashpaq from superships? All I can see is the cortex allows you to keep the powertrain warrenty, which I obviously don't care about, and then the looks of it.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Ellis42
Veteran

Originally Posted by citori13
I have not. I haven't noticed any problems with it yet. What are the signs of it starting to fail?

So what's the difference between the cortex and flashpaq from superships? All I can see is the cortex allows you to keep the powertrain warrenty, which I obviously don't care about, and then the looks of it.
Here is a thread about signs if it's blow

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...-9-plenum.html

But even if it's not as you can tell from this thread I started that it's still a good thing to fix it because if you superchip your truck it will blow it out sooner or later

Also here is another thread kinda talking about the difference in the cortex vs flashpaq

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...-question.html

Old 04-14-2012, 12:34 PM
citori13
Professional

Originally Posted by Ellis42
Here is a thread about signs if it's blow

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...-9-plenum.html

But even if it's not as you can tell from this thread I started that it's still a good thing to fix it because if you superchip your truck it will blow it out sooner or later

Also here is another thread kinda talking about the difference in the cortex vs flashpaq

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/3rd-gen...-question.html

Thanks for the threads. Mine is definitely not blown yet. I think I might get the tuner and just wait and replace the gasket once it does go out.

Old 04-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Ellis42
Veteran

Originally Posted by citori13
Thanks for the threads. Mine is definitely not blown yet. I think I might get the tuner and just wait and replace the gasket once it does go out.
Not a problem bro

Let me know how that goes because I have none of them signs also so that's why I started this thread to see what everyone thought about it.

If it works out fine then I'm going to superchip without fixing gasket also

Old 04-14-2012, 03:38 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If its for the magnum 5.9 I would sugest Sct as its the best Tuner and it better for the tranny as he removes torque management for a firmer shift . If you have any questions about the 5.9 come over to the 2 nd gen forum more people have modded this motor and you will get more answers .

Also I have the airgap as my intake manafold and it made my top end power so much better soon as you smash the pedal your gone and the Sct helps you stay high in the rpms .
More mods would be 1.7 harland sharps and fastman and highflow cats that also open up the 5.9 . All these mods I have done so I wouldn't break bank and redo my motor

Quick Reply: Superchip w/out Plenum Gasket Fix