3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Wow...and I thought they were joking...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Bigboytoys
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow...and I thought they were joking...

So, I have been noticing a lot more brake dust than normal, and took the truck to the Dodge dealership here in Bamberg, Germany to see if I could have them change the front brakes for me since I don't have the time right now to do it myself...The mechanic looks at it and says, Yup, you need new brakes...so I asked him how much this is going to cost me...figuring about 200-300 Euros. He checks his computer and totals it out and says to me....580 Euros with out tax and without installation cost, which is an additional 77 Euros. So he looks at me and says, just try ordering the parts thru Summit or Autozone, and we will install it for you. So I went online and looked up prices for new rotors and pads and came away with a 126 Dollar bill....A lot cheaper than the 580 Euros the dealership wanted to charge me.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Holy hell, dude. I need to do brakes and rotors, myself. Come up here and we'll get a stall at the auto hobby shop and have a wrench party. Or, buy the parts online (recommended), then come up here (or some other base) and have the car care center take care of it. No way I'd take this thing to a dealer here. Ouch.

For those that don't know, after conversion rate that's probably around $700 USD!!!

Old 05-04-2012, 07:46 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't look now, but that $126 bill is probably counterfeit.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:41 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Might be a little too late now but if you get ceramic pads they will stop better and put out a LOT less dust

Old 05-05-2012, 06:51 AM
Bigboytoys
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weed...ya, a little late...ordered the new parts thru AZ yesterday morning.
Chet, I would but I don't have time, and I trust the AAFES garage here in Bamberg as much as I can pick up their fata$$ owner and throw him..I will never trust a shop that changes someone's oil, and forgets to tighten down the drain plug, then refuses to pay for a new motor when the motor dies on the autobahn...

Old 05-05-2012, 07:28 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

BrakeMotive sells Drilled/Slotted Rotors(zinc plated) and Ceramic pads for both front&Rear axles for $225 shipped. Check out the Vendor section. I put a set on my car and have had them on 3 previous vehicles.
Worth looking into.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:24 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by dirtydog
BrakeMotive sells Drilled/Slotted Rotors(zinc plated) and Ceramic pads for both front&Rear axles for $225 shipped. Check out the Vendor section. I put a set on my car and have had them on 3 previous vehicles.
Worth looking into.
have had mine on my truck for almost 2.5 yrs, still stop on a dime, almost everyone i know has these intalled, ill even buy another set when these wear down....

Old 05-05-2012, 02:11 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Worth looking into.
ima have to get some of those

by the way.... Euros? consider yourself lucky. I had to spend a thousand dollars on brakes one time on my dakota. it needed new pads rotors calipers and lines.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Euros. If you missed the part about being in Germany...

Old 05-05-2012, 05:14 PM
wink2873
Record Breaker

yea, but i was wondering how much that would be in dollars. i dont think the euro is worth much more than the dollar

Quick Reply: Wow...and I thought they were joking...