3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Dumbest thing you've done with your ram

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 01:15 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Thought it was the other way around, actually. Could be wrong, though.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:22 PM
b.rad
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Curbed a stock clad. :/

Old 06-26-2012, 02:30 PM
Brandon Anderson
All Star

Dumbest thing I ever did was not get a 4x4.
Sunk my **** up to the rear axle at a riverbed party. I don't feel terribly bad though, because my cousin sunk his 2500 4x4 as well. That sand was ridiculous, but the orange Jeep you see in the last photo pulled us all out and never even started to get stuck. My truck handled the muddy *** trails up to the river like a champ though. Mud and water up to the running boards, and I never once had the feeling I was going to get stuck.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:08 PM
MeAndMyHemi
Rookie

Dumbest thing I did was trade my 04 for an 08. The 04 didn't have MDS and was loud and fast. It was silver though...... Firethorn Red is much better!

Old 06-26-2012, 09:34 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

I actually like my mds

Old 06-29-2012, 11:33 PM
Catchin Zs
Professional

Was off roading with a few buddies last july down near the beach in some light woods. Somehow I lost all sense I had and decided to show off. They were all watching as I faced this huge water/ mud hole about 8 to 10 inches deep and 20 feet wide. I threw her in neutral, revved her up a few times, slammed it in drive and hit the hole at about 30 mph. Next thing I know, a huge wall of water completely swallows the hood like Jonah. I then heard the worst, most painful sound ever; motor knock . I ended up flooding the intake and prolly more, and somehow the tranny.
Aftermath: Remanufactured motor for an 07 with about 30k less miles on it then what it had. Tranny was also rebuilt. Went without her for an entire month.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:14 AM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

Originally Posted by Catchin Zs
Was off roading with a few buddies last july down near the beach in some light woods. Somehow I lost all sense I had and decided to show off. They were all watching as I faced this huge water/ mud hole about 8 to 10 inches deep and 20 feet wide. I threw her in neutral, revved her up a few times, slammed it in drive and hit the hole at about 30 mph. Next thing I know, a huge wall of water completely swallows the hood like Jonah. I then heard the worst, most painful sound ever; motor knock . I ended up flooding the intake and prolly more, and somehow the tranny.
Aftermath: Remanufactured motor for an 07 with about 30k less miles on it then what it had. Tranny was also rebuilt. Went without her for an entire month.
I think you need a snorkel

Old 07-12-2012, 09:50 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

Okay so new story.... Last night was my last day with my stock bumper so I thought, what the heck, I'm going to have some fun. So I had a few buddies in my truck and going about 30 on a country road I took out a line of about 8 of those really big barrel traffic cones and right as I did it a tahoe came around the corner behind me... Guess what kind of tahoe! I'll give you a hint, it has red and blue flashing lights... Anyway I pulled over and the officer walks up to my window, stares me down and then starts laughing. He said "Since I'm a nice mother f***** I'll cut you a deal, I'll either give you a ticket for criminal mischief and failure to stay in your lane, or you can walk back there and pick them up. Needless to say I picked them up.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:51 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gHEMImorePower
Okay so new story.... Last night was my last day with my stock bumper so I thought, what the heck, I'm going to have some fun. So I had a few buddies in my truck and going about 30 on a country road I took out a line of about 8 of those really big barrel traffic cones and right as I did it a tahoe came around the corner behind me... Guess what kind of tahoe! I'll give you a hint, it has red and blue flashing lights... Anyway I pulled over and the officer walks up to my window, stares me down and then starts laughing. He said "Since I'm a nice mother f***** I'll cut you a deal, I'll either give you a ticket for criminal mischief and failure to stay in your lane, or you can walk back there and pick them up. Needless to say I picked them up.
Ha...must've been a hemi owner, good times.

Old 07-14-2012, 12:50 AM
Plainbroke
Veteran

Dumbest thing so far was thinking my 1500 was a 2500 put a 16 foot box off a box van on my car hauler and then filled the box with house full of furniture and thought I would pull it 30 miles home from my dads place. I did make it but wrinkled rear springs and about s??t myself a few times when the rear wheels where off the ground if I pushed the brakes too hard.. It made it but sure taught me what that little truck could and could not do safely..

Quick Reply: Dumbest thing you've done with your ram