3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Dumbest thing you've done with your ram

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 02:54 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Dumbest thing you've done with your ram

I saw one of these threads in the 2nd gen forum so I decided to start one here. Okay to start us off, my friends and I have shot flare guns off out the windows and shot paintball guns at cars (terrible terrible idea I know) and I got chased around by a little kia lol. Luckily I got a 4x4 truck so I cut through a muddy field to get away. I have many stories I'll keep posting them every once in a while

Old 06-01-2012, 03:35 PM
08HEMI1500
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dumbest thing I've done is not get a 4x4! Lol. But the dumbest thing I've actually done with the truck was two winter breaks ago we were having a bonfire and everyone was going mudding and offroading so I decided to join. Nothing too crazy, my truck without a lift and street tires handled pretty well until about 8 of my friends decided to hop in my truck and I got stuck in some sugar sand because of all the weight lol. This was before I was knowledgable about my truck because of this lovely site

Old 06-01-2012, 03:56 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

Lol that sucks. Ya 4x4 can be pretty handy

Old 06-01-2012, 04:06 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I've really not done anything dumb with my current Ram. I've gotten it stuck a couple of times but winched out.

I do have one that involves my old 2nd Gen though.

Buddy of mine went camping out on a sandbar on a tidal river in coastal Georgia about ten or eleven years ago IN A FOUR DAY OLD NISSAN RC 4x4 Pickup. Took his girlfriend and her sister. Well he parks his truck with the bed facing the water so they can sit on the tailgate and fish in the evening, pitching his tent about 25' or so back up the sand.

I get a phone call at about 6:30 the following morning asking me to come pull his truck out the river!

Seems the tide came up and not only did the water rise, but the weight of the truck on the now wet sand made the sandbar under the truck slide back into the river. When I got there you could only see the front of the truck out of the water. The front bumper was just visible but the sandbar gave way in such that the truck was at about a 45* angle so his entire bed was under water and about 1/3 the cab!

Took some yankin' with that old 360CI engine in 4LO to finally get it out. Snapped my recovery strap like it was a string and had to go to a nearby farm to borrow a HD chain.

While snatching it up the bank, water poured out the bed and the cab - and I'm talkin' that muddy, red clay south Georgia water.

My wife of the time went with me and took a couple of pictures, but this was in 35mm camera days and she took all our photo albums when we split - but trust me - it was a MAJOR STUCK!!!

Old 06-01-2012, 04:20 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

Lol that's pretty funny. Was his truck ruined?

Old 06-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Suckingas03
Professional

The dumbest thing I have done to my truck is let my wife drive it. She hit a brick mailbox pulling in our driveway. It looked horriable.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:06 PM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ haha

Old 06-01-2012, 06:29 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by gHEMImorePower
Lol that's pretty funny. Was his truck ruined?
Nope, his insurance took care of it. But he was without his truck for over a month. Interior was f*cked and like I said the PCM fried (which in his truck was under the passenger seat). Luckily with the thing being nose facing up the bank, no water was taken in the engine when he tried to drive it out of there...

Old 06-01-2012, 10:20 PM
reefguy89
Captain

backed into a tree stump while turning around on a narrow *** trial last weekend. didnt notice it for a couple day cause it was covered in mud.
Name:  0527121957.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  14.3 KB

Old 06-01-2012, 11:57 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Dumbest thing I did was let me ex wife (wife at the time) drive it and park under our carport that had poles and some phucking how she kept forgetting the poles were there so every time she opened the door she would hit the pole.

Quick Reply: Dumbest thing you've done with your ram