3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Dumbest thing you've done with your ram

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 02:41 PM
MeAndMyHemi
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not a Ram story but funny: When I was stationed in the Panama Canal Zone, I had a friend with an old school Toyota F40. He got it stuck in a muddy (It was rainy season) fire road in between Albrook AFS and Fort Clayton on a Sunday. Being Civil Engineering guys, we went to the compound and got a road grader (Seemed like a good idea at the time) and drove THROUGH housing to the fire road and TRIED to pull out the jeep. IT DID'NT WORK. Well, while laughing our asses off one of the guys (An old farm boy) said we should go get a tractor. So, we back the freaking road grader the way we came (Eventually through housing) and MUD is flying everywhere once we hit pavement. I mean everywhere. Eventually we get back to the compound and get a tractor. Of course it worked fine. The next day, our Commander calls in one of the "Suspects" which in turn results in all of us being in there. As he laughs his *** off he says that our "Punishment" is to get shovels and a dump truck and walk behind the dump truck picking up all the freaking mud we splattered through housing.....

Old 07-19-2012, 12:41 AM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

Ha that's funny. Thanks for your service by the way.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:33 AM
MeAndMyHemi
Rookie

Noted and thanks. Let's broaden that to thanking all the Vets on this site, especially my fellow Air Force Civil Engineering vets. He who owns the AC and the Water owns the desert! Remember: "Lead, Follow, or get the HELL OUT OF WAY"

Booyah to the Vets!

Old 07-20-2012, 06:10 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

Yea I agree! My grandpa actually flew b-52's in Nam

Old 07-20-2012, 06:25 PM
MeAndMyHemi
Rookie

And that plane is probably still flying....

Old 07-20-2012, 06:28 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

No doubt

Old 08-06-2012, 06:06 PM
willdikem66
Record Breaker

Last week in Doe season me and a buddy went to his lease, it had been raining on and off for the last week and it was really starting to show the further we got into the bottoms. We crept back to the blind in my truck with the 4x4 just a rolling, we finally found a "high" spot and went to do some hunting. I could see my truck from the blind and the rain falling down but i didnt notice that the 'High" spot had now became a low spot covering up half of my 285/75/20s. We decided that we were done hunting and now were going to try to find out how we were going to get out of their, need less to say one U-turn and about 50ft later i was buried up to my leveled out fog lights and the water was rising about like johnny cash said. Two tractors later and about 5 hours of being stuck i decided that, that was probaly the last time id turn my 4wd on again unless i needed to.

Old 03-11-2013, 08:43 PM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

Well I figured I'd give this thread a bump. A few months ago I agreed to play "bumper cars" with my buddy's truck. We both have huge steel bumpers and wern't going fast so we didn't really have much to worry bout. Now that I think back though I've realized how stupid that was and how many things could have gone wrong lol.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Bunk33

I decided to drive my bone stock 06 long bed 4.7 through some mud water, well i went through it the first time nice and slow and came through pretty easy. i decided i wanted to hit it again and sling some mud. well i came along the side of the pit at about 20 and dropped into. i threw up a tsunami of water and the truck sputtered to a stop. i cranked and cranked and cranked and ended up frying my starter. i had my buddy tow me back across base with pmo following the entire time. 1 bottle of gas dryer, some ether, a new starter, a new air filter and dumping about half a gallon of water out of my air box shes running like a champ again.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:23 PM
hemi4109
Veteran

Dumbest thing I did with mine is drive around a ford lot looking for a new truck when the turbo's came out. Now that I know a few guys with them I'll stick with my setup until it falls apart or I find a 3500 I can't pass up.

Quick Reply: Dumbest thing you've done with your ram