3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Dumbest thing you've done with your ram

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 11:48 AM
DirtyDodge812
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I havent done anything dumb enough to cause some real damage yet (knock on wood). Worst thing so far was taking the girlfriend drifting in a parking lot, had it in 4 high and locked in first gear just doing circles and figure 8's tryin to show off a bit. After a while I smelled ps fluid but I kept going and hit a few more parking lots. Finally popped the hood when the ps pump started whinig, it looked like a damn sprinkler went off. Fluid was everywhere, had a good laugh about it and put in a new pump a few days later.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Lynaugh
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I havent done anything dumb (yet) with my truck but it was dumb of me that I didn't get my truck sooner!! lol

Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 AM
gHEMImorePower
All Star

Originally Posted by DirtyDodge812
I havent done anything dumb enough to cause some real damage yet (knock on wood). Worst thing so far was taking the girlfriend drifting in a parking lot, had it in 4 high and locked in first gear just doing circles and figure 8's tryin to show off a bit. After a while I smelled ps fluid but I kept going and hit a few more parking lots. Finally popped the hood when the ps pump started whinig, it looked like a damn sprinkler went off. Fluid was everywhere, had a good laugh about it and put in a new pump a few days later.
Well was the girl impressed?

Old 03-13-2013, 11:13 AM
DirtyDodge812
Professional

Originally Posted by gHEMImorePower
Well was the girl impressed?
I guess so, we've been together for a few months now. She asks to drive the truck every chance she gets

Old 03-14-2013, 01:20 PM
KasperR34
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I once ran over a couch.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:54 PM
colbyj1986
Professional

Originally Posted by KasperR34
I once ran over a couch.
How did you hit a couch..

The dumbest thing I did was jumping curbs in my Cummings, fun till you land on the oil pan

Old 03-14-2013, 02:00 PM
broggyr
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by colbyj1986
How did you hit a couch..
It must have been just sitting there....
Ba-Dum-TSH!

Old 03-14-2013, 02:54 PM
Izero
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a similar story to the couch.... I wish I had video of it....

So I'm driving back home from work on I-80 in NJ, and I see this minivan that looks like it's about 2" off the ground... and it has a mattress and box spring tied to the top of it....

So I turn to look at my Fiance and say "look at this idiot!" and I just see an immense look of absolute fear on her face then she points and goes "WATCH OUT!"

Well I snap back and look at this mattress tumbling in the air and all i had time to do was SLAM the accelerator.... well the Edge of the mattress bounced right in front of the truck and then springs right over it...

Well I was all focused on the mattress that I didn't see the box spring sliding right behind it, so then all I had time to do was let out a curse word and then *thump thump* followed immediately by a sound of wood and springs shatters and bouncing all over the place.... now you would think the guy in the minivan would stop right? NOPE the moron just kept on driving like nothing ever happened...

The next day I see the mattress in pieces on the side of highway and the box spring (well what was left of it) a little further down.

I got the guys LP# just in-case I found some damage when I got home... only think I saw was a spring from the box spring inside the bed of my truck (somehow?)

That's my one funny story while in my Dodge Ram... I have quite a few more but I can only tell those in person so I don't end up incriminating myself... lol

Old 03-17-2013, 07:14 PM
Plainbroke
Veteran

Worst I ever say or been involved in was a buddy tried to cross the Kansas river in his Blazer.. He did not make it to say the least.
borrowed a huge hand winch and drug it out of the water backup on the sand bar.. drained the water and oil out of the motor. refilled with fresh changed the plugs and the dang thing fire right up let some air out of the tires and drove it off the sand loaded on a trailer and took it home auto trans do not like water AT ALL !!!

Old 09-19-2015, 06:30 PM
PX
Professional

Didn't have my Ram at the time, but I had a lifted Chevy Blazer 4X4.. a 77 if I remember correctly, and my buddy's sister parked right behind me. The driveway had big rocks along the side of it. Well, I went to go home and backed up. Thought I was on a rock, my back end lifted up. So I figured I'd just drive over it and kept going. finally figured out that I wasn't going to get over this rock as my a$$ end was now a few more feet in the air. So I jumped out and found my rear tires at the base of the windshield on her little rice burning car. OOPS! Guess she shouldn't have parked right behind me! I apologized and never went back over there.. She didn't have insurance, so she was SOL.

Quick Reply: Dumbest thing you've done with your ram