3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

embarrsed. a ford eco bost in my Elantra Touring.

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 11:19 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default embarrsed. a ford eco bost in my Elantra Touring.

Brand new ford F 150 was racing from red light to red light, I was surprised how quickly he was getting off the line.

At the next set of lights I fired up all 2.0 138 pop corn popping horse power in my Hyundia Elantra Touring 5sp..

This truly a apples to oranges thing as thiers nothing truck like with my car and as for performance, I some times feel grannys power chair can out performe my car that is abought a third of the whight as a full size truck.

From a dead stop the eco bost walked away until I hit third gear, man I was surprised how quickly the ford lost its go power in comparison to my little 4 banger.

So. From a standing start to highway speed, the eco bost is impressive for a V6 powerd full size truck , but its not the cats meow in stright line performance.

With less than half the horse power and a lot less mass, a 4 banger can out drag a ecco bost,

Old 06-25-2012, 11:44 AM
John M
Record Breaker

On the other hand, this weeks Trucks episode took a quad cab King Ranch diesel and ran it to an 8.30 in the 1/8th mile with a tuner & exhaust, then down to a 7.90 with nitrous. That's just stupid fast for something that weighs that much. My old Stealth's best 1/8th mile slip was a 7.86 and I'd be shocked to see a giant truck next to me at the end.

If the EcoBoost wants to pick on Hyundais, it's only fair that they try a Sonata turbo.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Ellis42
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for this post it was perfect timing

Here's why: my insurance guy drives a F-150 and I'm always giving his **** about it and he is a good sport and takes it along with giving me **** about my Dodge so anyway I read this post about 15mins before I went to pay my insurance and so I was curious if his was the ecoboost and I always park next to his truck and had never seen the decal for it so today I figured I would look and guess what right on drivers door there it was the ecoboost decal so when I went in I told him I had a story for him and so I read your post to him and he just stared blankly at me with a half a smile and just shook his head all I have to say is that was by far the greatest reaction I have got out of him talking about the sh!tty fords

Old 06-25-2012, 04:03 PM
NoLimitzR1
Professional

No way in hell my elantra would stand a chance against any of my vehicles lol. However in the Ford's defense there's no way to be sure he's fully on it. And power to weight ratio is a huge factor in this as well. (Think 190hp bike vs a hemi equipped charger, ram etc). And especially a truck the amount of drag both in drive train and aero dynamics.

Old 06-25-2012, 04:22 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker

Oh ford driver was on it hard, sqacking the tires, after I hit the rev limiter in 1st gear he just laughed at me and pullled away until I hit third and was pulling away, turbo whine and the hard down shift of the automatic convinced me he was all into it.

Hyundias 4 cy non turbo cars are not high performance products, less hp with less mass is a fair race with more hp and more mass.

Like I said before its a apples to bannana comparison as the elantra will never come close to ever being a truck.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

Originally Posted by cyclone429
Brand new ford F 150 was racing from red light to red light, I was surprised how quickly he was getting off the line.

At the next set of lights I fired up all 2.0 138 pop corn popping horse power in my Hyundia Elantra Touring 5sp..

This truly a apples to oranges thing as thiers nothing truck like with my car and as for performance, I some times feel grannys power chair can out performe my car that is abought a third of the whight as a full size truck.

From a dead stop the eco bost walked away until I hit third gear, man I was surprised how quickly the ford lost its go power in comparison to my little 4 banger.

So. From a standing start to highway speed, the eco bost is impressive for a V6 powerd full size truck , but its not the cats meow in stright line performance.

With less than half the horse power and a lot less mass, a 4 banger can out drag a ecco bost,
Did it ever occur to you that he probably let off

Old 07-04-2012, 12:38 AM
mustang_170556
Professional

Originally Posted by Old Man with a hemi
Did it ever occur to you that he probably let off
yup, had to of let off..... otherwise there would of been no downshift

Old 07-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

Originally Posted by John M
On the other hand, this weeks Trucks episode took a quad cab King Ranch diesel and ran it to an 8.30 in the 1/8th mile with a tuner & exhaust, then down to a 7.90 with nitrous. That's just stupid fast for something that weighs that much. My old Stealth's best 1/8th mile slip was a 7.86 and I'd be shocked to see a giant truck next to me at the end.

If the EcoBoost wants to pick on Hyundais, it's only fair that they try a Sonata turbo.
Sounds more like the ricer was trying to pick on the ford to me. Pretty lame story, which IMO didn't happen

Quick Reply: embarrsed. a ford eco bost in my Elantra Touring.