3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

400 rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 09:11 AM
nsangueza
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 400 rwhp

Coming back from Afghanistan soon and want to significantly bump up the power on my 08 5.7. Any ideas on what I can do would be great. Right now im deciding between rebuilding it as a stroker, or a procharger system with a forged bottom end. Like I said any input from other ram owners would be greatly appreciated.
God Bless America and **** the taliban.
Thanks

Old 07-11-2012, 09:38 AM
Ellis42
Veteran

Make it a stroker and add a procharger, you will really have one hell of a motor then

Old 07-11-2012, 11:48 AM
nsangueza

Thats going to be pushing my budget haha.
I'm just trying to figure out which one I should go with. Pros and cons with either of them?
Thanks

Old 07-11-2012, 12:15 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Well I've got most of the bolt-ons covered. A ported TB, CAI, long tube headers, SC tuner, very free flowing custom exhaust and I've about made up the parasitic loss through the drive train. I'm right at about 345 RWHP which is the rated HP at the crank stock.

So to get into the 400 HP range at the rear wheels you are gonna have to think blower and/or engine internals (cam, heads, etc.) IMO...

Old 07-11-2012, 12:56 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Start with a good forged stroker foundation. Enjoy it naturally aspirated for a while whilst you build your funding back up, then boost it.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:55 PM
bleachcola
Rookie

sell it and get a cummins ram, it will be cheaper in the long run and u will have double the torque of a 400hp hemi, which is all you really care about in a heavy truck, torque.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:46 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bleachcola
sell it and get a cummins ram, it will be cheaper in the long run and u will have double the torque of a 400hp hemi, which is all you really care about in a heavy truck, torque.
Or there is that option (but diesels aren't as pleasant to listen to as a winding gas V-8 at full song). I'm probably biased because I work on/am around diesels CONSTANTLY.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:28 PM
Ellis42
Veteran

Originally Posted by bleachcola
Would love to have a Cummins but a gasser is nice to really upgrade plus i live the popping noise strokers make

Since its not I budget to get both, I would rather have ProCharger, the hemi motor is already and awesome motor so no need to stoke it also to still have an awesome motor plus I think you will enjoy it more with a ProCharger

Quick Reply: 400 rwhp