3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

truck bed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 10:15 AM
catawissarocket
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck bed!

Anyone know where i can find a truck bed in pa?, i live in norteast pa to be exact... was wondering if is cheaper to have the quarter panels done in a body shop or just replace the bed.i have an 05 1500 and the paint is staring to bubble and rust alittle above the fender well.

Old 08-25-2012, 11:36 AM
catawissarocket
Professional

Originally Posted by catawissarocket
Anyone know where i can find a truck bed in pa?, i live in norteast pa to be exact... was wondering if is cheaper to have the quarter panels done in a body shop or just replace the bed.i have an 05 1500 and the paint is staring to bubble and rust alittle above the fender well.
Also would like to add to this,if i pull off the tail lights and spray under coating inside would slow down the rusting? or atleast stop it from going any futher? not real bad yet besides like i said paint bubbling and some little rust showing but not much at all...

Old 08-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Nate_sorenson
Veteran

i couldnt find a replacement for me but i live in iowa, i searched for hours and ended gettin it to the body shop, also look underneath your fender and clean above the bracket thats spot welded in and put rust encapsulator on the existing rust and a reputable undercoating above and around. and what kind of damage are you talking about a picture would help an estimate.

Old 08-25-2012, 02:06 PM
reefguy89
Captain

check your local pick and pulls and junkyards. also search craigslist. if you find nothing the just replace the bedsides. its just a skin. there are spotwelds on the inside rail and on the bottom along with a few supports that hold it in place.

Old 08-26-2012, 10:37 AM
catawissarocket
Professional

Originally Posted by reefguy89
check your local pick and pulls and junkyards. also search craigslist. if you find nothing the just replace the bedsides. its just a skin. there are spotwelds on the inside rail and on the bottom along with a few supports that hold it in place.
What do you mean the bedsides? its just a skin? the quarters are starting to rust from the inside out.... will have to check the junkyard out,we have a pretty big one..

Old 08-26-2012, 10:45 AM
catawissarocket
Professional

Originally Posted by Nate_sorenson
i couldnt find a replacement for me but i live in iowa, i searched for hours and ended gettin it to the body shop, also look underneath your fender and clean above the bracket thats spot welded in and put rust encapsulator on the existing rust and a reputable undercoating above and around. and what kind of damage are you talking about a picture would help an estimate.
i bought rust stop,but it seem not to work, little bubbles formed and seem not to work so good..i'll see if i can get a pick posted. i was just going to spray under coating through the taillight opening to see if atleat it slows the process down... not sure i'll be wasteing my time though..

Old 08-26-2012, 12:38 PM
catawissarocket
Professional

pics!

Old 08-26-2012, 02:59 PM
catawissarocket
Professional

Old 08-26-2012, 03:11 PM
catawissarocket
Professional

im having a tough time up loading pics,could someone help me?

Old 08-26-2012, 03:33 PM
catawissarocket
Professional

im having a tough time up loading pics,could someone help me?

Quick Reply: truck bed!