3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Can't decide if today is a good day

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 10:16 AM
hemi4109
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't decide if today is a good day

Well the roads are covered with snow for the first time this year. I have a hard time keeping my foot out of it and the hemi likes to drink around town so I often drive the car to save on gas and for fun too. Now that the weather dictates what I drive, I'm thinking it's a good excuse to drive the truck more, and if anything, looking at holiday spots where there is no snow

For those who have a summer ride, when do you think about garaging it for the winter and getting back into your trucks?

Old 10-23-2012, 11:19 AM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had to get rid of my summer ride, couldn't afford two payments, even though my truck is almost paid off. When I do pay it off i might buy something else. But when I did have a little convertible to drive in the summer, I shut er down around dec 1st usually, but I would wait until they were consistently using salt on the roads basically. I would drive it as long as everything was nice and dry, but once the consistent wet snow and salt set in, to the truck it was.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:45 PM
willdikem66
Record Breaker

I wish it snowed here in Texas lol id love to HAVE to get in my truck

Old 10-23-2012, 01:55 PM
sdam87
Rookie

How much snow?

Old 10-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Got_Mitch
Professional

Another Red Deerian eh... Dont fret, this snow wont last the week, its going to raise above 0 for a week, then its winter.

Well when im home i drive the womans VW as much as I can, i keep my truck for mainly work useage. But even in the winter time, With the goodyear WRT tires on the VW, the car handles snow better then my in 4x4

Edit: It looks like my walk way is at about the 2 inch level right now.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:10 PM
willdikem66
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Got_Mitch
Another Red Deerian eh... Dont fret, this snow wont last the week, its going to raise above 0 for a week, then its winter.

Well when im home i drive the womans VW as much as I can, i keep my truck for mainly work useage. But even in the winter time, With the goodyear WRT tires on the VW, the car handles snow better then my in 4x4

Edit: It looks like my walk way is at about the 2 inch level right now.
Must be nice lol
And yeah when we do get snow its all ice here so the 4x4 gets pointless, idoes it handle any different in the snow?

Old 10-23-2012, 03:10 PM
broggyr
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have my truck and a motorcycle (2002 Gold Wing). My wife has the car. Truck gets about 14+ MPG, bike gets about 37

It's a toss-up tho. because I love driving them both for different reasons (obviously). I've been known to take the truck on gorgeous days, because I want to hear that V8 at work. On the other hand, I've ridden the bike in horrible thunderstorms for the heluvit.

Usually once the temp starts to consistently be below 50°, I drive the truck more, but by no means do I 'winterize' the bike; it's ready to go in case we get that 'freak' 40° winter day

Old 10-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Jareski
Veteran

Originally Posted by hemi4109
Well the roads are covered with snow for the first time this year.
Yeah, noticed that you guys are getting some snow up there. They showed a video clip of near Canmore, AB, and the highways looked manageable but not fun to travel on. We've escaped the grip of Old Man Winter so far, but it's been rain all day today, and they are calling for snow tonight and tomorrow in our area (Southwest Manitoba).

It will be here soon!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:15 PM
hemi4109
Veteran

It was sitting at about 2" at lunch and is supposed to stop by tomorrow. A few days above zero and it'll be gone anyway as the ground's not frozen yet. I'm not that worried about anything permanent till early December at least. Out of the last 6-7 years, I can only remember a couple of years where we got dumped on early before christmas. I will certainly have the car ready to go at all times for those few nice days.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:17 PM
hemi4109
Veteran

Originally Posted by willdikem66
I wish it snowed here in Texas lol id love to HAVE to get in my truck
Send me $50 and I'll ship you a box full

Quick Reply: Can't decide if today is a good day