3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Aftermarket Halo/LED headlights

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
2008dodgeram1500
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are you guys talking about the ones that mount to the stock headlights its just a kit that adds the rings? If so those are the only ones I would buy for my truck the looks awesome and dont look cheap. How hard was it to install them

Old 11-23-2012, 01:25 AM
thehemihead
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I really like the Oracle brand Halo's! To me $200 can go toward a performance part. Besides I'm scared of taking apart my aftermarket headlight housing to install the Halo's. I've seen Oracle's in person and they really do look amazing! So I guess the $200 isn't for nothing

Old 11-24-2012, 07:42 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by willdikem66
Dang and i thought when i bought mine for 100 something i thought that was to much!
ditto. they had the, at $100 for about a year. I was worried the price would go up and if I needed to replace them I'd have to pay more, but they doubled the price...ouch.
I dont see how they can justify even $200 a set because you have to take apart your headlights to install them. Much easier installed mods than those. Takes a certain crowd to even bother with them at those prices.

I bought standard CCFL halo's. They get drowned out by the HID's when they are on, but I bought them and have them activated with the fogs are on. Make a nice eye look. I paid $30 for them.

Here's the cheaper CCFL ones. They are thicker but you have 4 of them. I think the band that connects them can be cut as well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-WHITE-HI...869396&vxp=mtr

Weed, what is the diameter of the Ram one's?

Old 11-24-2012, 09:41 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm not sure on diameter or width. I've have some pics of them in one of my folders in my sig link. I know they are costly but they damn sure look good

Here are some pics of my 2.8" Morimoto projector I installed in my bikes headlight with an xB ring from the Retrofitsource

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Halo/LED headlights