3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

new footwell lights........

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 08:22 PM
SC_Ram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new footwell lights........

Got the footwell lights installed this afternoon.I uploaded a video on U Tube for those interested.The video don't do the lights much justice though.They look much better in person but it is what it is I reckon.Anywho.....here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg313...ature=youtu.be

and here's part 2.............

Last edited by SC_Ram; 11-24-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:30 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

they look ok but not really a big fan of blue leds's. i know trying to show how good led's work in a picture or video is about impossible. all the lights in my ramcharger are led. the big thing i like about them is that they don't get hot and i could leave them on all night and they should not drain the battery. what type of led's did you use? i was thinking about using some led strips i got for free.
heres the lights in my ramcharger. i was thinking about installing some white ones under the dash and tie them in with the rest of the lights that come on when you open the door.

here the rest of the led lights i got for free. i am thinking about using the white ones in the box of my 81. each of those rolls is 5 meter long

Old 11-24-2012, 07:48 PM
SC_Ram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the strips that you can cut if you need to.The nice thing about the way I hooked them up is that my truck needs to be in the start position at least or they will have no power to them.I know they wouldn't kill the batt but if you were to leave them on,it will take away from the life of the bulbs.I know they should have like 100,000 hours of life or something crazy like that but it's still nice to know they won't get left on.

Old 11-24-2012, 08:17 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i would not worry about the life of the led's. that even if they were rate to last at least 50,000 hours that would be like running them 5 years straight and if you ever watched myth busters you would see that the many on and off cycles that would kill about every other light out there would not kill an led.

Quick Reply: new footwell lights........