3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

need help with pre 02 sensor

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 10:13 AM
03 RamHemi Toy
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with pre 02 sensor

I rebuilt a 03 1500 5.7 put pacesetter full length headers on it with taps for pre cat sensor. I am still running full rich so it wont idle even after heating up the engine? Any advice would much appretiated!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:13 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,286 Likes on 3,033 Posts

O2's don't have much sway on mixture at idle...... I think you have something else going on there.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:17 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
O2's don't have much sway on mixture at idle...... I think you have something else going on there.

agreed...

Q: how do you know you're rich? do you have a wideband on it or monitoring software?

Q: did you contaminate the sensor? for instance, coolant has a really bad affect on those things..

Q: do you have an exhaust leak north of the sensor significant enough to cause the sensor a bad reading? you should be able to hear a leak that bad..

Old 01-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou

I also agree, you have some other problem other than the o2 sensors

Old 01-24-2013, 09:52 PM
03 RamHemi Toy
Amateur
Default 02 sensors found problem

Thanks guys you are correct, I have a intake leak. Do you know where I might find one somewhere other than a dealership,they think they are made of gold instead of plastic!319.34 in Terrell Texas( 03 5.7hemi) salvage yards anywhere within desent driving distance no help or ebay?

Last edited by 03 RamHemi Toy; 01-24-2013 at 11:09 PM. Reason: adding info
Old 01-27-2013, 09:02 AM
03 RamHemi Toy
Amateur

Originally Posted by drewactual
agreed...

Q: how do you know you're rich? do you have a wideband on it or monitoring software?

Q: did you contaminate the sensor? for instance, coolant has a really bad affect on those things..

Q: do you have an exhaust leak north of the sensor significant enough to cause the sensor a bad reading? you should be able to hear a leak that bad..
I have two widebands on it. The scanner showed the code 02 voltage high. I have found the problem on the no idle, it was a vacum leak at the intake. I have headers and dual exaust whitout a cross over pipe. Do you know if I need a pre and post 02's spliced into the harness to lower the high voltage reading I'm getting on the scanner?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:57 PM
03 RamHemi Toy
Amateur

Originally Posted by Old Man with a hemi
I also agree, you have some other problem other than the o2 sensors
You were right thanks,I have an intake leak. Can you tell me what the small butterfly shaped gaskets are called so I can look them up where the oil inlet is (between 1 and 3 ports and between 6 and 8 ports of the intake? I have looked at all the local parts stores here and they all show the gasket sets with only the 8 port gaskets??

Last edited by 03 RamHemi Toy; 01-27-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Quick Reply: need help with pre 02 sensor