3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

flashing red light on dash, truck wont start, solution

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 04:12 PM
ewing111
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default flashing red light on dash, truck wont start, solution

I don't know if this has been covered or not, I searched and didn't see a thread on here so I thought I would post something for others to find if they had the same problem as me. I got into my truck the other day, turned the key and nothing, no starter click, nothing just dead. Then a little red light to the bottom right of the speedo starting blinking along with a chime. From reading online I think this light has something to do with the security system. However in this case, my battery was completely shot. One day it was working fine, the next day totally dead. No slow starts or any warning. The weird red light and chime were all I had to go on, I found a couple people on another forum who had this problem and solved it with a new battery. Picked up a new battery from NAPA and threw it in, problem solved. Truck runs perfectly again. Thank goodness, I thought it might be a fried PCM or something, egads I'm glad it wasn't that. Anyways, hopefully this will be helpful to someone else sometime.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Jareski
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Ewing. I'll keep this in mind if it ever happens to me. Knowledge is power.

Quick Reply: flashing red light on dash, truck wont start, solution