3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Question about power? and wheel spin?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 02:55 PM
OGsohcHondaLOVE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering if I'm being robbed of power somewhere honestly.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:45 PM
hemi4109
Veteran

Originally Posted by OGsohcHondaLOVE
Kinda weird but it rained here yesterday and in a straight line the tires would barely break loose, then grip and rip. If going around a corner the Posi would kick in and I would go sideways for a few then when I straighten out it would grip right up.
Doesn't sound like there's anything wrong with your truck to me and that's the beauty of rear wheel drive for acceleration. These trucks have a good 2000-2500# on the rear axle but the more it grips and shifts weight back, the more traction you get.

Old 03-10-2013, 06:39 PM
OGsohcHondaLOVE

Gotcha. Ill leave it be I guess! Now I just have to Get myself to stop obsessing about the hemi tick and ill be set!

Old 04-19-2013, 08:44 PM
JonMiller

i have a 07 with the hemi. 91000 on the clock.when i bought it it would burn 1st 2nd 3rd on dry pavement and not it wont even chirp them with out power breaking. i think i my valve train is bad. the hemi tick they claim is from valves.my warrenty wont cover the fix if theres carbon in the motor. any advice?? i have cold air k and n kit with magnaflo exhaust. sad part is my wife 04 grand cherokee with a 4.7ho will tear my truck apart as far as power and take off and well anyway you look at it that jeep tears it up

Last edited by JonMiller; 04-19-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Quick Reply: Question about power? and wheel spin?