3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Installed some KC day lighters

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 02:39 PM
zbiggboy
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed some KC day lighters

Well I just finished my install of my new KC Day Lighters in my rig. I did the behind the grill mount, they look good. So tonight I will checking the aim and making the adjustments if needed.
I went with these light due to all the late night super early morning drives I have been making lately. Out here in Arizona the roads in the mountains can be real dark.

I had only one problem and it is with the canbus. I wanted to get the trigger power feed off of the drivers high beam feed, but there is always voltage. 11.23 without the high beam on and a full 12 when it is on. The low beam is the exact opposite. The switch voltage between the the two if you turn on or off the high beam. So I just did a batter feed instead.

Old 04-28-2013, 04:34 PM
ilducecorvo88
Professional

Nice. Got any pics???

Old 04-28-2013, 08:06 PM
rtmtrrdr
All Star
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 04-28-2013, 08:39 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Just keep an eye on your grill. The reason most go with Hella 500s behind the grill (besides the thin design) is that they are 55 watts. 100+ watts tend to get real hot and can melt the plastic...

Old 05-04-2013, 07:37 PM
zbiggboy
Rookie

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Just keep an eye on your grill. The reason most go with Hella 500s behind the grill (besides the thin design) is that they are 55 watts. 100+ watts tend to get real hot and can melt the plastic...
I did check and they are far enough from the grill they are fine, thanks though for the head up.
As far as the pictures go, I can not upload pictures from my phone.

Quick Reply: Installed some KC day lighters