3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Headers

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 02:13 PM
jdpartsman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hammer, do you have pics of how the factory cats and O2 sensors and whatever Y-pipe you have hook up to your LT's?

I have a Y-pipe, 22" muffler and a 3" tailpipe all from Magnaflow sitting in garage waiting for install. I am thinking about headers, then more so after looking at yours!

Old 07-29-2013, 11:36 PM
Old man with a Hemi2
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Almost ANY mod needs other mods to reach it's potential. With 4.56 gearing and my other mods, LTs torque curve is plenty low enough. I tow 7800# of tractor, rough cut mower on a 22' trailer with no problem.

For the record Long Tubes, cats retained, O2 sensors in place, pass emissions test:

No one ever said that LT's with the proper emission equipment wouldn't pass emissions, but an OR Y with no cats isn't going to. It isn't a guaranteed thing for LT's or shorties to pass either. My shorties with high flows have always had a CEL, even using the anti-foulers with steel wool, but I just happen to live in a county that doesn't test, so no real problem

Old 07-29-2013, 11:40 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the later trucks had more strict PCM limits on how much "dirty" air the rear O2 could see. And a high flow cat will have "dirtier" air flowing out of it.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:39 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jdpartsman
Hammer, do you have pics of how the factory cats and O2 sensors and whatever Y-pipe you have hook up to your LT's?

I have a Y-pipe, 22" muffler and a 3" tailpipe all from Magnaflow sitting in garage waiting for install. I am thinking about headers, then more so after looking at yours!
My old laptop's HDD took a dump with most of my pics, but I think I have an old phone with some. I'll throw it on charge and see what I got, if not I can climb under this weekend and take a pic or two...

Quick Reply: Headers