3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Hey

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2013, 11:18 PM
red hemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey

Hey, i have a 2006 sport dodge ram hemi, and it doesnt have a trip computer unlike any ram i saw.. so is it possible to fit one in or not ??

Old 08-31-2013, 05:59 AM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Hit the little plunger on the dash...

Old 08-31-2013, 12:28 PM
red hemi

The plunger on the dash shows me the trucks milage and the trip milage, sorry I wasnt specific , I meant the overhead console which gives how much litters you've got , temp. And compass ....

Old 09-01-2013, 07:13 PM
itsUhHemi
Professional

Well the DTE on the overhead console runs off the float from the fuel pump and the temp. sensor runs off an ambient sensor under the hood at the front of the truck. I wouldn't think it would be a simple "plug and play" type deal.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:35 AM
red hemi

Ohh okay, I thought it would work because I found a plug in the driver side handle which I can connect with.

Old 09-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by red hemi
Ohh okay, I thought it would work because I found a plug in the driver side handle which I can connect with.
That plug is for the dome and brake light up on the cab. I did notice however on mine that it has extra wires headed to it that aren't used. It might come wired for the computer, just without the temp sensor installed.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:28 PM
MikeHTally
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The DTE and other fuel-related data are so far wrong as to be useless anyway. There is only one way to accurately determine fuel mileage.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:40 PM
hemi4109
Veteran

Originally Posted by MikeHTally
The DTE and other fuel-related data are so far wrong as to be useless anyway. There is only one way to accurately determine fuel mileage.
It works ok for many of us too. I calculate every fill to compare and it's never more than 1mpg off. When towing or driving in the city, it's probably only about .5 off so it gives me a real good ideal if anything wonky is going on. My truck is pretty much stock so that likely has something to do with it.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hemi4109
It works ok for many of us too. I calculate every fill to compare and it's never more than 1mpg off. When towing or driving in the city, it's probably only about .5 off so it gives me a real good ideal if anything wonky is going on. My truck is pretty much stock so that likely has something to do with it.
Agreed. My truck's computer did well calculating the DTE during a recent trailer pulling trip to Eureka Springs, Arkansas, and back.