3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Close call - Ram got a little warm

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 06:17 PM
hemi4109
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Close call - Ram got a little warm

Not the engine but rather the paint job. My truck and trailer are parked about 3' appart and the interior of the trailer burnt up over the weekend. Somehow the fire must have smothered itself since it never found an opening. Some of the windows are well cracked but intact enough to hold most of the flames and smoke in. The inside is all melted and/or black and the fibreglass skin is a little wonky. It must have gotten pretty hot next to the truck at the trailer windows but it doesn't look like any damage to either the paint, tires or mirrors. I assume if I can't see blistering on the paint it must be fine?? I still can't believe the whole thing didn't light up like a 30' matchbox and swallowed the truck but am thankful I get to keep driving my truck. It might be old but barely broken at 53K miles so it would be hard to replace.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 44 Likes on 37 Posts

Clear coat might start to bubble sooner rather than later.

Sorry about trailer. Got insurance?

Old 09-01-2013, 10:27 PM
hemi4109
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah both are insured but just making sure I look for the right things before the adjuster comes around. I'd hate to oversee something on the truck just to have it show up later. I don't know anything about paint jobs but I'm assuming that if it looks fine after a day or so there should be nothing to worry about. Either way It'll have to wait till after the long weekend to have it inspected.

Quick Reply: Close call - Ram got a little warm