3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Looking for good wheel well moldings

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 11:29 PM
macx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for good wheel well moldings

Just bought an 08 2500 4 door 4x4 with a 6.7. My 5.9 Durango just not stout enough to pull 7,000 lbs trailers on long trips for my move from MO to WY. RETIRING!!

Anyway, just doing a few small things. It's already a Laramie with lots of bells and whistles, so just ventshades which I put on all my vehicles, probly good trans & coolant and engine oil temp gauges (like I put in my Durango), and am looking for some reasonably priced wheel well lip moldings (or whatever they're called) to protect that shiny red paint on gravel roads etc. No oversize tires - yet - and won't go much bigger if / when, but still -

One concern I have is about moisture getting inbetween the moldings and the body metal and rusting it. Or do they seal up against the body metal so that isn't a concern?

Probly want the (rubber or plastic or?) black ones, not real huge, fancy, or aggressive looking.
EDIT - Just saw some stick on polished SS ones that didn't look bad at all. Want the stick on, though, either way.
What's popular?
(Or that take too much out of my Soc Security check!)

There's so many different ones available I figured I'd go where there's some good info from people who have them.

Thanks!

Last edited by macx; 11-17-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:37 AM
team_realtree
Professional

They are called fender Flares. Bushwacker is probably most popular. They aren't cheap 500$ or so. Prestige has bushwacker look a-likes for cheaper. Look on ebay under fender flares.

Old 11-18-2013, 06:33 PM
DirtyDodge812
Professional

My truck had the small chrome ones your mentioning when I first got it. They were more or less water traps and only made my bedsides rust worse

Old 11-19-2013, 02:16 PM
macx

That's just what I was worried about, had seen it happen before.

Was hoping that the stick on kind maybe wouldn't let that happen.

I'm sure not going to spend ~$500 or so for fender flares! First comes an EGT and trans temp gauges, winter front, maybe a deep trans pan, additional fuel filtration, etc!

thanks for the info.

Quick Reply: Looking for good wheel well moldings