3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Projector Headlight Retrofit Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 01:00 PM
carcleaner215
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Projector Headlight Retrofit Questions

So I am new here and was wondering if anyone has retrofit hid projectors into stock 3rd gen housings? I have hid's in the stock housing and scatter is pretty bad. Abby write ups about the parts needed and the steps?

Old 01-13-2014, 02:15 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I did mine, but sorry, no write-up. I think there's a headlight procedure in the FAQ section but it's for painting I think.

I made mine fully adjustable. Most shops just RTV the housings in a set position once they mark where the beam pattern lies on the wall. There are YouTube videos of this stuff.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:30 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Out of curisosity, what year you have?

Old 01-14-2014, 07:52 AM
carcleaner215

It's an 05. So far I have a set of regular stock headlights, morimoto (sp) mini projectors and the hid kit. Is there anything else I need to get this to work? Also, I have been running these hids in my headlights for a couple years so I know it will work with my computer system without the need for resistors and things like that.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:17 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Well, the quality of the ballast is what determines if you need resistors..etc for the lights. Very few wont need resistors. I imagine the new bulbs are D2S style versus a retro fitted H13 bulb base. You'll need different ballasts for those.

I would run those on a relay harness so they don't go out when you use your high beams.

I ran separate relays for each headlight so I will at least have one headlight if my relay goes bad or fuse pops..etc

Old 01-14-2014, 11:10 AM
carcleaner215

Originally Posted by dirtydog
Well, the quality of the ballast is what determines if you need resistors..etc for the lights. Very few wont need resistors. I imagine the new bulbs are D2S style versus a retro fitted H13 bulb base. You'll need different ballasts for those.

I would run those on a relay harness so they don't go out when you use your high beams.

I ran separate relays for each headlight so I will at least have one headlight if my relay goes bad or fuse pops..etc
Here is a link to the projectors. Since they use an h1 bulb can I still use my same ballasts?

http://shop.retroshop.us/ProductDeta...roductCode=MH1

Old 01-14-2014, 03:13 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Yeah, they look like they have the same connection. Not 100% on it though. I have OEM Infinity/Nissan Ballasts with D2S bulbs. Different ball game.

Quick Reply: Projector Headlight Retrofit Questions