3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What kind of idiot takes a 4x4 on a racetrack!?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 11:40 PM
Jareski
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you end up getting a lap time? I have gran Turismo on my playstation and it has an '04 Ram, and I know I put it around the Ring in stock form, but blast if I can remember what the time was.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:58 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice, I'd love to take my truck through something like that.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:20 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I've got my pig weighing in at just over 7000 lbs. They'd time me with a calendar...

Old 07-19-2014, 12:27 AM
Jareski
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just means you'd have a longer drive around, not a bad thing!

Old 07-24-2014, 06:37 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Sorry for the late replies. Today is my last day in Germany, unfortunately. We are staying in a hotel and have been ***-deep in moving for the last month or so. Big Dumb Truck is on a boat somewhere between the West Coast and Hawaii right now. I was all set to take the JK to the Ring last weekend, but we ended up behind the curve in cleaning out our house so I had to cancel. The Jeep ships today, and we fly out tomorrow.

As for the Ram at Nürburgring, it was an absolute blast and it went by entirely too quickly. To be absolutely honest, I know I didn't go that fast. I didn't look down at the speedometer one time, but my buddy says we got up to about 80 mph. Not fast on a racetrack (errrr.... closed public toll road), but I've never been on the course before, I was worried about keeping right and not hitting anyone, and 6,000 lbs is a lot of weight to stop with those brakes when corners come up on you. I didn't get a lap time, as I wasn't there for that. It was surreal and over too fast, so I don't even know roughly how long we were out there. Top Gear times, I was not.

Thanks for the interest.

Quick Reply: What kind of idiot takes a 4x4 on a racetrack!?!