3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Splitfire spark plugs

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Old Man with a hemi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by archemedes74
when I worked at a parts store we did a very unscientific test of plugs, we checked the resistance of each plug on the shelf, 2 brands failed miserably (aka no 2 plugs were even close in resistance to one another) champion, and ac, every other brand was within 5 ohms of each other. When I worked at a gm dealership when an s-10 would come in for a missfire we installed autolite plugs and 9 times out of 10 it took care of it (this was warranty work too). I ran splitfires in my drag car for one weekend I lost a tenth with them, the new guy e3 plugs in my grand prix cost me 3 mpg and my knock retard went up (supercharged engine). I have ngk in the pontiac now, and will have autolite in the dakota once I finish putting it back together

When I owned my 06 Hemi....I put 50000 miles on the original coppers and changed them to autolite double platinums and ran another 65000 miles before I sold the truck and got my 14. Truck ran great on both brands. Funny the 06 said change them every 30,000 miles and the 14 says 100,000 miles. I guarantee the 06 would have gone 100,000 miles on a set also, so make up your own mind when to change them

Old 07-20-2014, 09:49 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Geez, I wish I had money to throw around like some of you people. How some people can afford to go spending money on spark plugs ***** nilly just to "see what works" is amazing.

Stick with what the factory installed *provided* the vehicle isn't running a custom tune.

I tried Autolites in my 2nd Gen and it ran like a dog and threw a misfire code for cylinder #5. I went back to stock copper Champions and it performed as expected.

Quick Reply: Splitfire spark plugs