3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Parts and accessories

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 03:00 PM
jacmates
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parts and accessories

What is the best online vendor when it comes to getting parts and accessories for a 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab with a 4.7 liter engine? Thanks.

Old 10-15-2015, 08:58 AM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Check RockAuto.com

Old 10-15-2015, 08:28 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

eBay, Amazon, a slew of other online retailers. They are all about the same. Shop around for the best price.

Old 10-16-2015, 12:19 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I recently bought most of the front end parts for my truck. Most were bought off of Amazon, but found Rock Auto a better buy on the wheel hubs/bearings.

Old 10-16-2015, 05:52 AM
SmokinJoe02
Veteran

Originally Posted by Chet Ubetcha
I recently bought most of the front end parts for my truck. Most were bought off of Amazon, but found Rock Auto a better buy on the wheel hubs/bearings.

Hope you bought brand name hub bearings. I went through 2 sets of the cheaper ones from them on my Durango.

SJ03

Old 10-17-2015, 01:38 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

All Moog parts up front, now.

Old 10-17-2015, 09:03 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
eBay, Amazon, a slew of other online retailers. They are all about the same. Shop around for the best price.
Price <> Quality. All too often, people focus on price and then complain about the ****ty parts. The better approach is to recommend the best quality parts for someone to purchase.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:33 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary-L
Price Quality. All too often, people focus on price and then complain about the ****ty parts. The better approach is to recommend the best quality parts for someone to purchase.
Thank you for the advice. However I never complain about parts because I know you get what you pay for. An alternate approach may not be a btter approach without knowing the situations involved.

Old 07-10-2019, 10:52 AM
Kurt Forster
Default Part Vendors

Okay so I did a search and it looks like I am kicking up an old thread,

As I am up in Canada getting parts cheaper than through the dealer in relation to quality I have found a few, but they are all around the same price as the dealer, NAPA, MOOG and Mopar Canada. I found that through the related youtube support site A1 Auto seams like a very cheap package deal company that is cheaper to import from the states rather than buy from a Canadian company.
I don't like buying from Ebay as they all come from Hongkong etc. Amazon I can track the vendors however, finding the right parts is a pain on amazon. Who has used A1 Auto and what are your experiences with quality of their kits. Some of their kits are $300 in total where as 1 part of the kit here in Canada is $300.
Yes i know you pay for quality, but I am just wondering the quality of the A1 Auto parts. For things like drives, axles or any fast moving parts i would look at dealer quality or better.

Old 07-23-2019, 01:59 AM
Alex Medeiros
Captain
Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurt Forster
Okay so I did a search and it looks like I am kicking up an old thread,

As I am up in Canada getting parts cheaper than through the dealer in relation to quality I have found a few, but they are all around the same price as the dealer, NAPA, MOOG and Mopar Canada. I found that through the related youtube support site A1 Auto seams like a very cheap package deal company that is cheaper to import from the states rather than buy from a Canadian company.
I don't like buying from Ebay as they all come from Hongkong etc. Amazon I can track the vendors however, finding the right parts is a pain on amazon. Who has used A1 Auto and what are your experiences with quality of their kits. Some of their kits are $300 in total where as 1 part of the kit here in Canada is $300.
Yes i know you pay for quality, but I am just wondering the quality of the A1 Auto parts. For things like drives, axles or any fast moving parts i would look at dealer quality or better.
When I was buying new headlights for my truck before I sold it, I noticed A1 Auto was an option for me. I then checked AM-Autoparts and realized they sell some of the same exact stuff, LITERALLY. Might be worth checking them out in addition to A1-Autoparts... they also sell their stuff on Ebay for a bit cheaper than their website!

Quick Reply: Parts and accessories