3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2 door vs 4 door pickups

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 10:04 AM
swamper
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Theres tons of room ion my single cab to behind the seat not sure what this guys talking about .that being said I still don't need a 4 door.but im guessing most of you 4 door guys have kids.single guys don't need 4 doors really.

Last edited by swamper; 02-22-2016 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:36 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by swamper
Theres tons of room ion my single cab to behind the seat not sure what this guys talking about but I don't need a seat behind me to move the seat back I don't have a fat belly.that being said I still don't need a 4 door.but im guessing most of you 4 door guys have kids.single guys don't need 4 doors really.
Divorced and no children. The extra room is helpful for those times, like when I bought a new water heater, where I can put goods in the back seat during inclement weather. The water heater went in the cargo box and all the tools and other parts went in the back seat area. I don't care to be driving with shopping bags of merchandise cluttering the passenger seat and/or floor.

Old 02-23-2016, 09:24 PM
swamper
Veteran

if you guys bought your truck new how much more is a 4 door pickup maybe 4 grand more?

Old 03-02-2016, 09:42 PM
JoshSlash87
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Before I bought my single cab hemi truck from my friend, me and my friend had 3 girls and us two in the cab of whats now my truck lol One sober girl who was a friend he let drive and the other two hot ones were on our laps going to a party. Fun times for sure that we don't regret! but I don't recommend anyone driving/riding that way, we did it because we were pretty close to our destination and because we were desperate to get in the pants of the two hot chicks that needed a ride in the cold.

Old 03-03-2016, 06:55 PM
swamper
Veteran

Originally Posted by JoshSlash87
Before I bought my single cab hemi truck from my friend, me and my friend had 3 girls and us two in the cab of whats now my truck lol One sober girl who was a friend he let drive and the other two hot ones were on our laps going to a party. Fun times for sure that we don't regret! but I don't recommend anyone driving/riding that way, we did it because we were pretty close to our destination and because we were desperate to get in the pants of the two hot chicks that needed a ride in the cold.

LOL

Old 07-16-2016, 02:18 PM
stev
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In a standard cab, there isn't much room to haul things dry. And at times when you need four people to ride, it's very tight.

The extended cab of the 2nd gen would work for a young family and little kids. But in 5 to 7 years, those kids get bigger. Thus the Quad Cab is ideal. The 6-seating option works out really well.

I've looked at the 2nd gen extended with the 5.2L and 5.9L Magnum engines. Yes, those are some really good trucks and engine setups. Those engines are really proven, unlike the 3.7L and 4.7L fake Magnums.

As for space the Quad Cab is very hard to beat. The down side is, the truck bed typically is shorter, unless you opt for the longer bed. $$$

I have a nice 8x12 sq tube steel trailer to haul stuff if needed, thus the bed limit isn't an issue.

The Quad Cab also offers foldable storage seats and a hard steel flip out for heavy stuff to load in too.

My neighbor who is single, no kids has a Quad Cab. It's for his hobby and friends to pick up to travel to other states near-by for their events.

My statement would be, get a truck that will suit YOUR NEEDS, not one that will suit others. This holds true if you plan to keep the truck for years. Not so much if you are looking at resell.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:05 AM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I didn't have a whole lot of time or choices after Katrina, my QC was on the lot lol. Didn't want a reg cab since at the time I had a wife and a dog (now have no wife and two dogs). The back seat comes in handy, especially with the fold out cargo floor.

Quick Reply: 2 door vs 4 door pickups