3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

After 7 MONTHS it's mine!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 10:59 PM
SnowBeast428
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default After 7 MONTHS it's mine!!

You heard me right, 7 MONTHS, it took me to get this truck. 7 months of waking up and seeing it sitting on the edge of the property and being reminded its currently caught in paperwork hell with California who's all the way on the other side of the country. But now, it's finally mine! It was a mess I tell you what and i'm glad i can drive it now.

For those who are wondering:
My grandpa was dieing in November so we moved almost all his stuff and his cars all the way from California to New Hampshire and he passed 5 days after we got him here. Well that was 7 months ago and he lost the title before we got it here. Now for 7 months there was hold ups in California (5 of which was my mom lieing she was handling it) and 2 months of DMV calls with them giving us incomplete info but finally I managed to get someone who knew what to do awhile ago and finally got the title and this monday I got it registered and insured then Tuesday I got it inspected and today i got the inspection completed (Had to drive 50 miles as it sat so long the computer was having a mid life crisis and forgot how to truck correctly). But now it's mine! (well my moms legally but we're transferring it after I'm done with my trip I've been rushing to get it for.

This truck is in mint condition and for those of you who want juicy details here you go:
- BRAND NEW engine (Grandpa did it as he planned for this truck to go to me when he died even though he got it 2 years before he passed)
- Front level kit it looks like?
- 23 in Light bar I put in myself
- 5ft Firestik CB Antenna and Uniden bearcat 880
- Drop in bed liner
- Options up the **CENSORED** as it used to be a enterprise truck (Probally best it has a new engine then)
- 150K miles
- No rust
- Auxilary fuse box i put in
- Soon a Kenwood Excelon DDX6905S radio.
- Flowmaster exhaust (no dual rear pipes tho but that's not a major problem)
- Continuing the trend so far of vehicles i've own being silver and having atleast 1 speaker dead.
- 285 BF Goodrich A/T's
- A dented front bumper due to California license plate thieves thinking a crowbar was the ideal way to steal license plates before we moved it.
- A 22lr magazine in the glove box to one of my grandpa's guns for some reason, that was concerning.
- A feeling of happiness driving it.

Things i've noticed while driving it for the past 2-3 days:
- MDS is not "Unnoticeable" and you gotta use TOW/HAUL mode half the time in town or else the whole truck shakes when its active as i'm super light throttle
- You can feel every bump in the road but not in a painful way you just feel connected
- Seats are amazing though i wouldn't mind lumbar support, headrests are useless and way to far back, And the seats are all the way forward for me and not forward enough.
- It. Goes. Good.
- Park on a slope facing up if you don't want bed to flood.
- It's a 5.7 V8, I think thirdgen 454 3+3 C30's get the same mileage.

Old pictures as i'm to lazy to get new ones also its 11pm.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:26 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Nice Truck.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:26 AM
SnowBeast428
Professional

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Nice Truck.
Thanks mate.

Old 05-09-2019, 08:27 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

You guys still have snow on the ground?????

Old 05-09-2019, 09:27 AM
SnowBeast428
Professional

Originally Posted by HeyYou
You guys still have snow on the ground?????
Remember when I said I had this truck since November? Yeah thats when this pic was taken cause I'm lazy and almost never take pictures.

Last edited by SnowBeast428; 05-09-2019 at 09:33 AM.
Old 05-09-2019, 05:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by SnowBeast428
Remember when I said I had this truck since November? Yeah thats when this pic was taken cause I'm lazy and almost never take pictures.
Ok, that makes me feel better.

Old 05-29-2019, 04:13 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice 07.

Quick Reply: After 7 MONTHS it's mine!!