3rd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 3rd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Level/lift thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2020, 09:53 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Level/lift thoughts

Going to be doing a level or lift. Wanting to get opinions on which to do.

1) Hellbent Steel 2” level
2) Rough Country 2.5” lift

Right now I’m at stock height measuring 23” front and 25” rear from center wheel to wheel well. I’ll be putting on 35x12.5-20 Federal Couragia MT tires.

With just the level they will clear, just trying to decide whether to do the level for $70 or lift for $200.

Money isn’t an issue in either one. I just can’t decide which to do. I had the HBS 2” spacer level on my 2nd Gen with no issues, but no personal experience with Rough Country other than a set of front shocks that rode stiff AF and blew the bushings out in 2 months.

Thoughts?

Old 04-26-2020, 06:09 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I would do no more than 2". It will look stupid if the front is higher than the rear, like many kits do. And please aim your headlights back down where they belong and installing the lift. Many do not and it is quite annoying to oncoming traffic.

Old 04-27-2020, 05:55 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I ended up doing the 2” level only. Got it in last week. The headlights were already low when I bought the truck, and the adjusters were froze. After the level they actually aim about right. Which is a good thing since they won’t adjust anyway.

Quick Reply: Level/lift thoughts